Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Unknown.
macrumors newbie

recoveryHD won't boot

better fill you in on the history... I was trying to install windows.. so I made a new partition for it and started installing. That gave me an error (it couldn't find the boot disk that I just made with boot camp...) I dropped the idea of installing it and deleted the partition reseting the size on the macOS partition to total..

The problem is.. now I want to format my mac fresh-fabric defaults and try installing windows again.

When I push the option key I do see the recovery partition.. when I press enter on it.. the computer just turns off..
I have already fixed the disk so that is not the issue and I already set the default disk to the Macintosh HD..

edited:[we're talking about a macbook air mid 2012 13']

Last edited by Unknown.; Feb 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: info adding
Unknown. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:46 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Did you use Boot Camp Assistant to create and delete the Boot Camp / Windows partition?
Tried pressing CMD+R instead of OPTION during startup?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Unknown.
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Did you use Boot Camp Assistant to create and delete the Boot Camp / Windows partition?
Tried pressing CMD+R instead of OPTION during startup?
yes I did all in the boot camp. to delete the windows partition and then resize de macHD I used disk utility.
no.. I don't even know the outcome of cmd+R I'm sorry. what will that do?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown. View Post
yes I did all in the boot camp. to delete the windows partition and then resize de macHD I used disk utility.
no.. I don't even know the outcome of cmd+R I'm sorry. what will that do?
That boots into the Recovery Mode.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

PS: Do not use Disk Utility to remove a Windows / Boot Camp partition, that is what Boot Camp Assistant is there for.

Last edited by simsaladimbamba; Feb 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: bold tag did not complete due to poster's incompetence
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:55 AM   #5
Unknown.
macrumors newbie

Ok, I'll try that and let you know as soon as possible what happened. if I format it I mean.. really erase the macHD partition and instal lion from the recovery, there won't be any traces of windows partitions left from the previous misuse of utility disk instead of boot camp right?
I mean.. if this works, it'll be good as new right?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:17 AM   #6
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown. View Post
Ok, I'll try that and let you know as soon as possible what happened. if I format it I mean.. really erase the macHD partition and instal lion from the recovery, there won't be any traces of windows partitions left from the previous misuse of utility disk instead of boot camp right?
I mean.. if this works, it'll be good as new right?
There should be no trace left if you format the HDD properly:
How to format a new HDD to install Mac OS X onto (or make a bootable copy onto)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Unknown.
macrumors newbie

ok so I did cmd+R and connected it to the internet.. There's a world turning around and.. it isn't doing anything.. I don't wanna lie, but for the past 15 minutes it's like that.. As I was writing it stopped..

The screen has an exclamation mark so I don't predict any good coming out of this.. says apple.com/support
2102F

help.. anyone?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air