|Feb 11, 2013, 12:07 PM||#1|
stuck attempting recovery mode restore
my son forgot the password to his ipod touch and we are having trouble performing the suggested recovery mode restore. Here's what happens:
1. turn off iPod, attach to computer (mac) while holding home button.
2. itunes sees the iPod, indicates it will initiate recovery mode
3. itunes sees that iOS should be upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.1.
4. itunes downloads iOS 6.1
5. itunes tries to back up the ipod before installing 6.1.
6. fails because the ipod has a passcode lock. (duh)
I think what may be happening is that the recovery mode restore is getting interrupted by itunes insisting on upgrading iOS. I suspect if the ipod already had 6.1, then I'd get to the point where I'm given the option to reset the password.
anyone encountered this before or have any ideas?
ipod touch 5th gen, iOS 6.0.1
computer: mac mini with itunes 11.0, same computer that this ipod has always been synch'ed to
thanks -- hopefully someone can save me a trip to the apple store
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.