Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tron2

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Hey,

I just bought a brand new mini from the Apple Store a day ago, and I am in the process of testing my apps.

I need to buy Mountain Lion, so I can also run a virtualized copy in VMware - but every time I click on buy in the app store - it gives me the error

"We could not complete your purchase"
"We could not complete your purchase. OS X Mountain Lion is not compatible with this computer."

I am so confused at this error. How is OS X ML not compatible with this brand new mini already running ML (late 2012) model???

Suggestions or should I just call up AppleCare?

Thanks,

tron2

Nov 28, 2010
located
The version of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on the Apple Online Store is indeed not compatible with your 2012 Mac mini, as that Mac mini came with a special build of 10.8.2 and the version in the AOS does not include that build. Once 10.8.3 arrives and is available via the AOS, you can download it, since 10.8.3 will include drivers for late 2012 Macs, which the current available version of 10.8.2 on the AOS does not.

tron2

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Thank You very much for clarifying it for me. I wish this information is somewhat posted clearly on apple's support site (no worries). You have provided the solution to my problem. I shall wait for 10.8.3

I appreciate your help.

Have a fantastic day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.