Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvilHomer484

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
hi guys, is there an app on mac/iphone that will allow you to download radio programs from the BBC iplayer and listen to them offline? like you can with the tv shows?

any help much appreciated!

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
hi guys, is there an app on mac/iphone that will allow you to download radio programs from the BBC iplayer and listen to them offline? like you can with the tv shows?

I don't know about iPlayer but I use the Podcast app to download radio programs to my iPad. Includes BBC and other stations.

EvilHomer484

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I don't know about iPlayer but I use the Podcast app to download radio programs to my iPad. Includes BBC and other stations.

Yeah I use the podcast app, was hoping to get the full program's with music too. Thanks.

EvilHomer484

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
solution?

only solution i have found is to replay the radio show in full via iplayer and record the audio using garageband. A bit long winded but it does the job.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I am also looking for a solution to save BBC Radio 4's audio play of Neverwhere (my favorite Neil Gaiman book). This may be very American of me but 'm really surprised that there's no app or podcast that allows you to listen to these offline or put them on your iPhone/iPod. :(

I'm trying an old app called iPlayer_grabber but I'm not having much luck.

In Garage Band, do you just record the audio going to the speakers?

EvilHomer484

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
think the iplayer grabber is outdated now and of no use.

My experiment with garageband failed, turned out i was actually using the external mic that was picking up the output from the speakers, not exactly a good quality recording !

ive resorted to recording direct on my iPhone via an app called tunein radio. although this does mean you have to record the whole program as it is played live. hope this helps?

ChrisMBP1

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2014

You can use the Tunein app on iPhone to record and save radio programmes

Enzedder

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012

Have you tried iPlayer Automator?
For Radio shows I'm pretty sure you can go to the radio show in your browser and use iPA to retrieve/download it from there?

Edit: Actually looking at it it looks as though it does BBC Radio natively?

EvilHomer484

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
yeah I've been using Tunein radio and just doing it that way. Will take a look at player automator. thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.