Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caymandrew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
All over the place
Guys,

This is the second time now, on my mac pro, I have woke up and found this new tab open in my browser? The first time I remember googling it and not seeing much and thought maybe it was from an email and forgot about. But here it is again? Google turns up nothing but instructions from Cisco on how to setup remote desktop. I can't find any security warnings online, but what the hell is it? I do not, nor have I ever had Cisco Remote Desktop on my machine, 10.8.2 Chrome 20.

The web adress in the browser tab:
<URL REMOVED>

And the screenshot of whats on the screen:

ScreenShot2013-02-14at101228AM_zpsa41edf5e.png

Any ideas? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Guys,

This is the second time now, on my mac pro, I have woke up and found this new tab open in my browser? The first time I remember googling it and not seeing much and thought maybe it was from an email and forgot about. But here it is again? Google turns up nothing but instructions from Cisco on how to setup remote desktop. I can't find any security warnings online, but what the hell is it? I do not, nor have I ever had Cisco Remote Desktop on my machine, 10.8.2 Chrome 20.

And the screenshot of whats on the screen:

Any ideas? :confused:

Your browser is being directed (not sure how) to try to access the Virtual Private Network of Mindspark.com. That site is trying to use Java to install the Cisco Secure Desktop application.

The moderators should remove the link you posted, since anyone who clicks on it and has Java enabled runs the risk of having this software installed on his system.

caymandrew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
All over the place
Your browser is being directed (not sure how) to try to access the Virtual Private Network of Mindspark.com. That site is trying to use Java to install the Cisco Secure Desktop application.

The moderators should remove the link you posted, since anyone who clicks on it and has Java enabled runs the risk of having this software installed on his system.

Wow, ok, so basically it's not good is what you are telling me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.