Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
This is by far the most useful and innovative app on the App Store or cydia. Is there anyone out there with the skill to help this very smart 16 year old guy to speed up the update of quasar? After the update we could even try to move to the iPhone 5 to run multiapp and run two apps at split screen on the 5. I am even willing to bak this project for a cut of profits which can be discussed over pm.

If anyone had the email to the dev that would be a help and I will propose a business deal to hi personally. I am will to fund a small team to make these two things work.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Send him a twitter message.

I have tried to understand twitter but have no idea how to read the messages and to even too if I get one.

Does he have. Known email?

Any dev's on here that know the skills to make this and the iPhone 5 multiapp happen? I am serious about funding it. I know that if we get quasar and multiapp out and working we can make some decent coin

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
My intuition tells me if you are unable to make sense of a 140 character piece of text, then developing an app might not work out for you.

I have no intuitions in putting a finger on coding an app. I am a performance car tuner with cents and multiple degrees to back it. I want to fund a team and manage it to get quasar up and manage a team to create multiapp for the 5

----------

Also I know what twitter is but every app I have downloaded makes no sense in how t follow just what the one person says and I end up with a bunch of crap envy one else is saying. It has been about two years since I have looked into it. More of an email (which is what is needed to professionally put this together) and a Facebook guy. My page trident motorsports page has blown up for the small town I am currently stationed at, and will only get bigger after the move to Pittsburg and open my brand new shop from the ground up. If I can get a good dev team together I will eventually have them work on an app for my shop as well.

----------

Agreed. This honestly seems like a scam.

How is it a scam to front my own money to get a team to help this guy?

----------

Plus I am a long term member of this forum, to call it a scam is just ridiculous. The only scam that could occur is people telling me they are dev's that can help this guy and make other apps and take me for my fronted money to get the team up and running

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Also I know what twitter is but every app I have downloaded makes no sense in how t follow just what the one person says and I end up with a bunch of crap envy one else is saying. It has been about two years since I have looked into it. More of an email (which is what is needed to professionally put this together) and a Facebook guy. My page trident motorsports page has blown up for the small town I am currently stationed at, and will only get bigger after the move to Pittsburg and open my brand new shop from the ground up. If I can get a good dev team together I will eventually have them work on an app for my shop as well.

Click here.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Here's his reply:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 133

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Guys, OP is wanting to help the dev financially, not offer his coding skills...

OP I've tweeted him for you

Thanks. I created a twitter account and contacted saurik. I am goingn to try to find out how to track the response. Also left my email account so maybe he will email me. I will try the same with the quasar dev. If anyone that has the skills to be part of this wants to look up " trident Motorsports" of face book, that is my shop. That will show I am a real person not out to. "Scam". I think that the two apps I am talking about will benifit everyone and possibly bring a good return. If anyone wants to help out with the team or getting me on contact further again at finneymc@gmail.com

I am getting medically retired from the marine corps in about 3 weeks as a combat vet. I have the money to get a team together and am looking for profitable ventures to help further finance my performance shop. That is all. Plus I want those functions that I am referring to.

Thanks to the quoted member and any that can offer help. There obviously will be background checks to make sure you can actually code.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Why does someone have to be computer illiterate because they don't know how to use Twitter? I don't either, and I choose not to learn because nothing about Twitter interests me. Some people need to get off their high horses.

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Im pretty certain that a 16 yr old cannot even sign a contract, from a legal stand point. Kind of risky for them to agree to terms without concrete proof of terms.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
From his earlier tweet, time is the problem. If your pockets are deep enough, perhaps you can pay him for rights to the source code and then fund a team of devs to finish it.

Thanks to the quoted member and any that can offer help. There obviously will be background checks to make sure you can actually code.

I would encourage those involved to do a background check on the financier as well. Current financial statements are recommended. I would also check references. Be sure and get a 50% deposit up front. This is typical and not off-base. And for the love of all that is holy be sure to have a contract in place. It protects both parties.

oftheheavens, get your checkbook out. iOS app developers aren't cheap.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Do apps in the jailbreak world make that much money? This is a serious question because I have no idea, But I would think that with the jailbreak community being so much smaller than the overall iOS community, a jailbreak app would not make enough money to cover funding for a development team.... And also there are all the pirate repos which people get apps from.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
Why does someone have to be computer illiterate because they don't know how to use Twitter? I don't either, and I choose not to learn because nothing about Twitter interests me. Some people need to get off their high horses.

exactly.

i am no developer but a self-tought computer literate for 10+ years with experience designing websites and fiddling with code (noob level mind you) yet after 2 years of having a dead twitter account i just deleted it after personal failed attempts to understand how it works and why some people find it so exciting. i wouldnt know how to submit a private message in that platform if i had to - probably all my ex-12 contacts and the rest of the world would have seen my pm in some hashtag? shortly after.

i find DOS more interesting than twitter.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Do apps in the jailbreak world make that much money? This is a serious question because I have no idea, But I would think that with the jailbreak community being so much smaller than the overall iOS community, a jailbreak app would not make enough money to cover funding for a development team.... And also there are all the pirate repos which people get apps from.

I am sure the AUXO developers probably are making a pretty penny on their little tweak. That is one JB that everyone talks about and at I think $1.99 for the app and 7 million JBs or more by now? If it is only installed on 1% of all JBs they made 140,000 if my math is correct, but I guarantee more than 1% of JBers have installed Auxo.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
ya. there is less competition in the cydia store than in the app store.

there are only 20 or so *must have* tweaks, themes or addons that people go for. if you develop one of these i would suppose you could earn quite a bit of money.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I am sure the AUXO developers probably are making a pretty penny on their little tweak. That is one JB that everyone talks about and at I think $1.99 for the app and 7 million JBs or more by now? If it is only installed on 1% of all JBs they made 140,000 if my math is correct, but I guarantee more than 1% of JBers have installed Auxo.

ya. there is less competition in the cydia store than in the app store.

there are only 20 or so *must have* tweaks, themes or addons that people go for. if you develop one of these i would suppose you could earn quite a bit of money.

Yeah good points, I guess there are certain tweaks that make a lot of money. Like bitesms, intelliscreen, and a few other heavy hitters.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Im pretty certain that a 16 yr old cannot even sign a contract, from a legal stand point. Kind of risky for them to agree to terms without concrete proof of terms.

From his earlier tweet, time is the problem. If your pockets are deep enough, perhaps you can pay him for rights to the source code and then fund a team of devs to finish it.

I would encourage those involved to do a background check on the financier as well. Current financial statements are recommended. I would also check references. Be sure and get a 50% deposit up front. This is typical and not off-base. And for the love of all that is holy be sure to have a contract in place. It protects both parties.

oftheheavens, get your checkbook out. iOS app developers aren't cheap.

I think Quasar at 9.99 a pop will be another heaver hitter. I will buy it for my ipad for sure!

Considering that it is private i did send him an email containing all the outlining details, even at 16 you can sign a contract with or without consent, but that was covered to, and I stressed the importance of including a guardian.

I DO NOT AND WILL NOT TAKE his thunder for one of the best JB apps, and I thoroughly suggest they check my backing as well. I own my business and have a very high credit score, and will even give the initial funding for quasar in full. And just a little more info I don't mind releasing, I am going for a three man team including him all to help speed the process up, but one to concentrate on nothing but fixing security holes. We would release small but nice updates regularly to make it more inticing for people to buy it, and to prevent some of the repos from keeping the most up to date versions cracked. After releasing a stable version of quasar, and a few releases we would change pace to work on the iPhone 5 multiapp release as quickly as we could while still releasing a minimum bug free low memory using app. The guys doesn't have time I am assuming because of school so 2 more dev's to help would relieve him of that burden.

As far as money was discussed I will keep that private, but it is VERY compensating to the developers more so than I, the backer. I tried the twitter thing but I don't know if has even responded cause I don't know how to check.

@TM WAZZA if you don't mind tweeting( correct terminology?) him to ensure he got the email and ask for him to reply so we can iron the details that would be great for all of us that want quasar and I would appreciated it. Anyone for that matter, if you ask him to mention your name, whomever gets him to contact me via email finneymc at gmail dot ..com I will gladly get you a free initial release copy of quasar should we form a contract.

After getting ios6 for quasar and multiapp for the 5 we would try out best to get the both running on older platforms that handle them.

So without revealing to much of what I am after in backing this young man and hopefully two other dev's like saurik which I emailed. I hope to get this financed, released and the developers well compensated, as well as myself being fairly compensated, and bringing two amazing apps that seem to be some of the most wanted apps not release.

Thanks,
Oftheheavens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.