Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:18 AM   #1
MicroSECONDS
macrumors newbie

Looking for XSERVE consultant / remote help

I am a general IT consultant that has been tasked with preparing an XSERVE (OSX server 10.6) web server to run WordPress and some other PHP things with specific requirements. I need to update the PHP version so that it has the mcrypt library, as well as fix MySQL, that appears to be half working. There is also an existing site that cannot be broken. Then, I need to create a sub-domain for development. Is there anybody that can help me accomplish these tasks. I atempted to do my self, but immediately broke MySQL-- thankfully I cloned the system and was able to restore.
MicroSECONDS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2
rlkarren
macrumors newbie

For libmcrypt, I used this tutorial successfully when I was running Snow Leopard:

http://michaelgracie.com/2009/09/23/...eopard-10-6-1/

You must have Xcode for Mac OS X 10.6 installed.

Default install of MySQL should have everything you need, if it's "half-working", you may have to rebuild.

If it were me... 1st, make sure you have a good backup, then build a test machine, configure everything as needed and when you're finished, import/copy over the existing site. Make sure everything is working and then clone it over to the original machine. Documenting everything as you go.
rlkarren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:52 AM   #3
assembled
macrumors regular

I'd suggest using an operating system that is still under support
assembled is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking