Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNcontroL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm having a really strange problem... I have iTunes running on Windows 7 and I also recently purchased AppleTV. When I try to airplay a movie or music video through iTunes and Airplay it works fine. But if I try to Airplay an MP3 or AAC song through Airplay it gets stuck at 0:00 and after 10 seconds or so it give me this error...

"An error occurred while connecting to the AirPlay device "Apple TV". An unknown error occurred (-15000)."

I honestly don't know what to make of this, I don't understand how Music Videos would work but Audio only files won't. I've tried unplugging, resetting, and restoring my Apple TV. I've also unplugged and reset my Router and Modem. I've tried anything else I could find through google including disabling ipv6 which just made things worse, so I had to enable it again.

Also, Homesharing works fine, but I want to be able to airplay it by just clicking on the song I want to play through iTunes software while I'm at my computer.

iNcontroL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Also an update.. I tried out the same song on my Macbook Air and iPad Mini, and both worked fine. So I'm assuming it has something to with Windows 7 but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Rileh

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
Hi! I am having the same problem with my 2012 MBP 13" running Windows 7 with the latest version of iTunes an an ATV 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.