Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiguyjp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Hey all,

Just made a bad purchase choice and was wondering if there is an unlock for a 4s running 6.1.1 yet. Or is there anyway to get a sprint 4s unlocked(again running 6.1.1)? any information would be great.

emoore

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
Are you looking to use it on another network? Because I've been researching this for a few months. I have a sprint 4s and I have yet to find a reliable way to use it on another network, i.e. tmobile. There are a few SIM cards (Gevey, Rim-7) but looking at the reviews they don't seem to work reliably. When my contract is up I'm probably just going to sell the sprint 4s and get an unlocked AT&T model so I can use it on tmobile or wait for the tmobile iphone.

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
just bought the "New GPP" sim card for my Sprint iPhone 4S and can confirm it does work with ios 6.1.1 with my att/straight talk GSM 4G HSPA service... although (like all interposer sims) it takes some patience and experience with carrier preference settings to get everything working perfectly. although it does work... i cant for the life of me figure out why i cannot PLACE outgoing FaceTime calls. I can recieve them just fine. when i EJECT the sim i can make outgoing FaceTime calls instantly. weird huh?

emoore

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
That's good news. I'll have to research the GPP sim. Does FaceTime work over wifi both directions?

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
I also have the GPP Sim and it works perfectly . If you want I can tel you where mine was purchased . I didn't test Facetime so I wouldn't know if it works sorry.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I went to AT&T and tried to swap my services from sprint. My 4s that I have with spring could not be done because AT&T SIM card will not would not work on my sprint. So to make a long story short I'm still with sprint.

Chiguyjp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
That would be great... anythig is better than trying to flash it and resell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.