Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
So we all know that even after you delete text messages that they show up in searchlight if you search for them. Well I heard they are suppose to go away when you sync your phone but that hasnt worked for me. Theres messages from months ago and Ive synced many times. any help?

DyslexicKobe

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
So we all know that even after you delete text messages that they show up in searchlight if you search for them. Well I heard they are suppose to go away when you sync your phone but that hasnt worked for me. Theres messages from months ago and Ive synced many times. any help?

I know this doesn't help much but I've heard similar things that syncing it to the original computer that it was synced to will wipe those that appear in Spotlight on phone. I ended up having to restore the phone as new for me to get rid of those texts.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I thought this thread was about getting text messages in the hole-in-the-wall speedtrap town of Searchlight, NV. :D

Michael

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I know this doesn't help much but I've heard similar things that syncing it to the original computer that it was synced to will wipe those that appear in Spotlight on phone. I ended up having to restore the phone as new for me to get rid of those texts.

Already do that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.