Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I am on 6.1 jail broken and my battery life is horrible,how is the battery life on iOS 6.1.2 ? Are there any slowdowns or is the performance better? Even a little bit? I am talking on nonjailbroken devices.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
I am on 6.1 jail broken and my battery life is horrible,how is the battery life on iOS 6.1.2 ? Are there any slowdowns or is the performance better? Even a little bit? I am talking on nonjailbroken devices.

Did you try resetting the network settings? That fixed the battery life on my 4S but its non jail broken. If its safe to reset network settings on a jail broken phone i would try that.

I can now get two days out of my battery where as before I could barely get one day.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012

There hasn't been any loss in battery life after
my update, and a few bugs were removed too. Good luck.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
It's a very mini update that only addresses one bug, how the hell will it affect battery life?

prdlacky

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
I have third battery in my iPhone 4 and everyone was awful! I can buy good one :-/ Just original was fine but now is really old.. So, it isn´t only about iOS FW :)

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
It's a very mini update that only addresses one bug, how the hell will it affect battery life?

Well because it specifically addresses the Exchange calendar bug that was draining battery for some.

"Fixes an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010

Because any update can't possibly introduce new bugs right... Apple's magical software engineers make sure of that right? :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.