Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know why iTunes is so confusing, but I have this problem where when I plug in my iphone, which I just recently restored and updated, itunes wants to add more music than my phone can hold, and won't allow me to change that. It shows "autofill" in the music tab of itunes and won't allow me to change that option. I just want to copy a few albums over to my phone. What am I doing wrong here? If I try to change any syncing options, iTunes also wants to remove EVERYTHING from my phone, which is so ridiculous.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
select Manually manage music and videos. That should solve the issue where iTunes wants to shove the entire music library onto your phone.

The other issue, you can transfer purchases to your iTunes account and then re-synch that content afterwards.

Attachments

• itunes manage music.JPG
    itunes manage music.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 60

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
select Manually manage music and videos. That should solve the issue where iTunes wants to shove the entire music library onto your phone.

The other issue, you can transfer purchases to your iTunes account and then re-synch that content afterwards.
Thanks for the help. I'll try it tonight when I get home and post if its a resolved issue or if I need more help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.