Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:58 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Watch Nearly Every Steve Jobs Video on New Blog Site and YouTube Channel

The Apple fan behind the Every Apple TV ad YouTube channel has created a new channel and blog with the self-explanatory title Every Steve Jobs video, offering a total of around 150 clips of varying lengths.

The site's creator told MacRumors that he wanted to get them online in time for Steve Jobs' birthday on February 24.
Quote:
I'm a long time Apple enthusiast and throughout the years have gathered every single Steve Jobs video I could find ... To commemorate Steve Jobs birthday (Feb. 24th) I decided to put all these videos online and make them easily available for all. I believe it's the most complete archive available.
Highlights include Steve's first TV appearance, where he told the crew he was about to throw up from nervousness; the launch of the Macintosh, including the famous 1984 video and Jobs making fun of IBM; and the launch of the Think Different campaign. It also includes some amusing compilations including Steve Jobs' Funniest Moments and Every 'One More Thing' Moment, all 31 of them.

Article Link: Watch Nearly Every Steve Jobs Video on New Blog Site and YouTube Channel
MacRumors is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:05 PM   #2
lunaoso
macrumors 65816

That must've taken forever to upload. Cool collection though.
lunaoso is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:05 PM   #3
sasza
macrumors member

Nice!
sasza is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:10 PM   #4
jowie
macrumors 6502a

It's still shocking to see how he wastes away towards the end of that video
jowie is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Hungry&Foolish
macrumors 6502

24th is Steve's B'day. Miss him.
Hungry&Foolish is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:30 PM   #6
johnnyrb
macrumors member

Miss him.
johnnyrb is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:44 PM   #7
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Nice. See it while you can before Apple and/or the Jobs estate take it down.
iMikeT is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:18 PM   #8
crossifixio
macrumors regular

great videos! really miss his keynotes speeches!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:48 PM   #9
Wiesenlooser
macrumors 6502

It's still kinda sad the man is gone. :-(
Wiesenlooser is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:48 PM   #10
szw-mapple fan
macrumors 6502a

This channel has been around for a long time. Why report it now?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
I understand wanting to watch these from a business perspective, and I also understand that the business seems to be in mild decline since his absence, so I get why people miss him in that regard... but wasn't he like... a cantankerous, irascible, greedy person? Don't get me wrong, I have Apple everything in my house... I've swallowed the koolaid, I'm not some PC user trying to troll. But this guy really should have followed Bill Gates' lead in terms of trying to better the world. I have a difficult time understanding why people idolize Steve Jobs... could someone please inform me?

Edit: as said above, it is really sad to see such dramatic weight loss. It's terrible that no amount of money can stop the scourge that is cancer.
It's due to his desire to make near-perfection products that made him irascible or cantankerous or all that. His focus was on Apple, not on some philanthropy stuff.
szw-mapple fan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:04 PM   #11
noiseordinance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by szw-mapple fan View Post
This channel has been around for a long time. Why report it now?

----------

It's due to his desire to make near-perfection products that made him irascible or cantankerous or all that. His focus was on Apple, not on some philanthropy stuff.
So... if Donald Trump was the guy behind Apple products, would you be a huge fan of him as a person because of his creation of a fantastic product? See, I like Apple products, but I have a hard time liking a guy who is unlikeable. I guess as another analogy, there are bands who I consider to be amazing and put out great album after great album, but who are also incredibly awful people to interact with. So I idolize the product, but can't idolize the person. I would never put their poster on my wall or watch interviews with them because it spoils the experience. In some ways, that's how I think of Steve Jobs and Apple.
noiseordinance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:31 PM   #12
the8thark
macrumors 68040

Now this is what people ought to have. This is a proper account of Jobs working life. And a real historical record. Unlike that piece of **** with ashton kutcher. Calling that thing a movie is a disgrace to movies.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:10 AM   #13
szw-mapple fan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseordinance View Post
So... if Donald Trump was the guy behind Apple products, would you be a huge fan of him as a person because of his creation of a fantastic product? See, I like Apple products, but I have a hard time liking a guy who is unlikeable. I guess as another analogy, there are bands who I consider to be amazing and put out great album after great album, but who are also incredibly awful people to interact with. So I idolize the product, but can't idolize the person. I would never put their poster on my wall or watch interviews with them because it spoils the experience. In some ways, that's how I think of Steve Jobs and Apple.
What did Donald Trump do that's so great? I like Steve for his focus and attention to details. He's the main guy behind most Apple products. Where did you pick up the stuff about his personality anyways? his biography?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-John-o View Post
I might get hung for this; but part of the genius of Jobs wasn't his knowledge of computers, but his lack thereof. He certainly knew a thing or two about technology but Woz (and modern day Apple engineers) know a whole lot more. That lack of in-depth knowledge led him to envision products that were outside the scope of ability. A lot of Apple engineers have mentioned him demanding impossible things, but he somehow drove and led them to do it anyway.

He wasn't a genius because he knew how to build it, he's always had fantastic engineers behind him for that. Really just because he had an idea of what the customer would want (even if it's not what they say they want. If you're an Apple user, surely you've had at least one experience where on-paper, it sounded awful, then you used it and the lightbulb went on and you said 'Oh wait, now it makes sense, this is awesome!"). Apple still has the engineering power that brought us all those great products. But I don't know that it'll ever have the drive or ridiculous scrutiny of a guy like Jobs.

I agree. his strength was his ability to make the whole customer experience great, not his engineering prowess.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:55 PM   #14
japanime
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by szw-mapple fan View Post
What did Donald Trump do that's so great?
Donald Trump may have a loathsome personality, but you can't dismiss his incredible accomplishments in the field of commercial real-estate development. Trump is properly regarded as a genius and giant in his industry.

Last edited by japanime; Feb 24, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
japanime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:56 PM   #15
mdriftmeyer
macrumors 68020

Sergei Brin doesn't look happy

Source: https://www.youtube.com/EverySteveJobsVideo

Go to 3:20. The audience pan across and you see Sergei the sole person not amused.

You can't miss him. He's dressed as Tom Cruise from Risky Business.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-John-o View Post
Absolutely. Probably one of the best salesmen of the century. It all came from NeXT. Truth be told, though NeXT computers did some things really well and the OS itself was really great (it's what OSX is based on), the computers were insanely expensive and didn't sell well at all. He was a salesman before, but he really honed those skills with NeXT as, overpriced and outdated as they may be, he HAD to sell them if he was going to continue his career. I sometimes wonder if part of Jobs great success in the end, was in trying new things, breaking all the rules, because he was confident that even if the product turned out to be a flop; he could sell it. As a long long long time Apple fan, I can certainly say that they have released some really crummy stuff that's way behind everyone else. They've also released some pretty great stuff! But the genius is, they sold about the same amount of each!
NeXT Computers weren't outdated. They were more advanced than the competition. Steve learned at NeXT to be less ahead of the competition if you want to win the markets.

People were dealing with Windows 3.11 and NeXTStep 3.3 was out. It was light-years ahead. The hardware on SPARC and HP Gecko were true workstation class hardware carrying on the expensive tradition of hardware for heavy work. The Intel port allowed PCs but only a few vendors paid the $5k certification fees to be on the list.

Then the User License: $795 and Developer: $4995. The University License for both: $299.

We were way ahead of everyone else. That was the problem. We were 5 years in many areas or more ahead. No one got it. Steve woke up and slowed down the tech to be either a bit behind, right at or a bit ahead of the competition which allowed people to grasp the future more easily.

People didn't get Display Postscript to Postscript Printing for WYSIWYG in 1992. They didn't get Fax Modems built-in handling all your paperless documentation. They didn't get a lot that people now still don't seem to get as FAX is still highly used but people still buy those crappy HP fax machines.

People truly didn't get Object-Oriented Programming outside the Enterprise until around OS X 10.4. People fought it.

Now people today laugh at those that don't get it.

Change too far ahead is what killed NeXT. That and Bill Gates and Adobe screwing us over, not to mention a certain group inside IBM who didn't like how fast NeXTSTEP ran on IBM hardware and made IBM UNIX look like a child next to it so they ran NeXTSTEP in emulation during demos to the top brass who canned the partnership.

Steve learned a lot about back stabbing from partners and getting the right people on-board in legal, design, manufacturing, channel distribution and more who had all the connections so when the iPod or iPhone arrived all i's were dotted and t's were crossed.
mdriftmeyer is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:58 AM   #16
mdriftmeyer
macrumors 68020

FWIW: These aren't remotely every Steven P. Jobs video at NeXT. Not by a long shot.
mdriftmeyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:43 AM   #17
Jaredly
macrumors member

Did Anybody see jobs hint at an iPad??
"A new 10lb ipod with 10in display"
Sounds like an ipad to me!!!
Jaredly is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:13 AM   #18
SOLLERBOY
macrumors 6502a

This is great.
SOLLERBOY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:52 AM   #19
torontowriter
macrumors newbie

.58s

Wow, didn't know Jobs was funny. Who will be the next Steve Jobs?
torontowriter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 06:55 AM   #20
szw-mapple fan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontowriter View Post
Wow, didn't know Jobs was funny. Who will be the next Steve Jobs?
Oh I wouldn't know. He might still be working at Apple as iGhost.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:58 PM   #21
raniel
macrumors regular

very inspirational. thanks for posting this
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:00 PM   #22
Fatalbert
Banned

Wow, that's one devoted fan. This is how we know Steve Jobs did stuff right.
Fatalbert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:03 PM   #23
HenryDJP
macrumors 68030

The haters can say what they want but it was so much more fun being an Apple customer when Steve was here.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysods View Post
I miss Steve's leadership at the helm. The guy was a jerk in real life, but quite the pusher of people to do their best as far as innovation and design. Guy wasn't perfect, but I miss his keynotes.
Nobody here knew him in "real life", we as customers only knew him as a professional. He might've been THEE humanitarian with the most humble demeanor in "real life".
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:27 AM   #24
jonnysods
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
The haters can say what they want but it was so much more fun being an Apple customer when Steve was here.

----------

Nobody here knew him in "real life", we as customers only knew him as a professional. He might've been THEE humanitarian with the most humble demeanor in "real life".
There have been enough accounts by ex staff, board members and run ins with Steve to show that he wasn't the nicest guy on earth.
jonnysods is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:51 AM   #25
HenryDJP
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysods View Post
There have been enough accounts by ex staff, board members and run ins with Steve to show that he wasn't the nicest guy on earth.
You completely misunderstood my comment. I was saying that in "real life" (As an everyday citizen) nobody here knows what kind of person Steve Jobs was. We (his customers) only know him as a professional such as how we was with board members.

And don't kid yourself, Steve Jobs was right up there with the rest of the CEO's. Bill Gates, Ballmer, Martha Stewart, Mark Zuckerberg, Meg Whitman, etc.... in regards to ruthless jerks. You'd be hard pressed to find a CEO who isn't a harda$$ to his/her underlings. You can't run a major corporation and turn it into a complete success as Jobs did by being an old softee. People here need to recognize that Jobs was no different than any other CEO.
HenryDJP is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion