Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
No. This is not from Portlandia. He's serious

A cookie-favoring physicist has created what appears to be the world's first Oreo separator.
David Neevel, an artist and inventor based in Portland, Ore., was commissioned by the popular cookie brand to produce the machine as part of its "Cookies vs. Creme" campaign.
"My Oreo machine is based entirely on my dislike for creme and my preference for cookie," Neevel said in a short video that could easily be mistaken for a "Portlandia" sketch.
The OSM, as Neevel calls it, was constructed of scrap aluminum, wood, a hatchet and floss in a Portland garage.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
When I started watching this, my first reaction was...way too much time on his hands.

But as I watched it, three things became clear; first, the guy has a bone dry sense of humor... second, it's brilliant, if misguided machine (the creme is too important to remove), and, three the guy is totally out of his mind...but in a funny and creative way.:D

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Invent something that will separate the marshmallows from the cereal in Lucky Charms and THAT will be impressive.

:D

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I like the cream, but ever since the Double Stuf Oreos came out, it's getting harder and harder to find the regular ones. Most people I know seem to prefer the Double Stuf model. I'm not a fan; the Stuf-to-cookie ratio is too high for me.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I like the cream, but ever since the Double Stuf Oreos came out, it's getting harder and harder to find the regular ones. Most people I know seem to prefer the Double Stuf model. I'm not a fan; the Stuf-to-cookie ratio is too high for me.

Agreed, I don't like the Double Stuff ones either.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison

Attachments

• Peanut-Butter-Cup-Stuffed-Oreos-51.jpg
    Peanut-Butter-Cup-Stuffed-Oreos-51.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 122

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for posting this, Peace. Just too funny. I'll be sharing with those who will appreciate this!

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ

I absolutely prefer Double Stuf. I feel like that's the cream to cookie ratio that oreos should have had from the start.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I absolutely prefer Double Stuf. I feel like that's the cream to cookie ratio that oreos should have had from the start.

My wife always buys the double stuff. I take two, twist one cookie off of each, and then make a quad-stuffed cookie. I also put the two cookies back in that bag and that really drives her crazy. Especially when she goes for one and the only thing in there is all my left over cookies with no stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.