Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brohan711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Hi. My friend and i r working on an iOS application referred to as a communication/board for tattoo artists/designers and enthusiasts. Before we begin too much work on it we have started working on art styles, color palettes and themes that we would like to stick with.

From my initial vision i started with purple and white. We are mainly using uikit so two colors are not going to be sufficient as there would be many elements.

With the two colors purple and white kept in mind what other colors would fit in to our theme? White being used for text and purple for background and solid color elements atm.

Also if you think scrapping purple and white all together for a different palette would be a good idea please tell me.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hi. My friend and i r working on an iOS application referred to as a communication/board for tattoo artists/designers and enthusiasts. Before we begin too much work on it we have started working on art styles, color palettes and themes that we would like to stick with.

From my initial vision i started with purple and white. We are mainly using uikit so two colors are not going to be sufficient as there would be many elements.

With the two colors purple and white kept in mind what other colors would fit in to our theme? White being used for text and purple for background and solid color elements atm.

Also if you think scrapping purple and white all together for a different palette would be a good idea please tell me.

Have you considered Kuler by Adobe. There are some great colour combinations there. Hundreds of different combinations as a matter of fact. Might inspire you.

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Since you're all about tattoos, why not try to use colors and elements that remind people of tatts? I don't have any tattoos, but those I've seen seem to be black or bold colors, not purple or white.

For shapes, use lots of rounded corners with outlines.

phillryu

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2001
So just throwing this out there. Assuming this app is about picking out tattoo designs and previewing them, shouldn't the UI be over the live camera view, and let the artist and client preview the tattoos (and take a photo) over their skin?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.