Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Puff daddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
Does anybody collect iPhones? I like to collect them and put them on display . As of right now I have about 15 iPhones of different styles and aftermarket colors and just love collecting them! Going to get a couple 5s when they come out to add to my collection.
Anybody else collect them like me?

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I'm sure many people collect them! Just need to keep them sealed in original packaging to make them worth anything in the future!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No offense OP, but a phone is a tool for me, one that helps me make calls, run apps and at times, help time pass, especially when it comes to my kids, i.e., they like to play games.

I'm not really interested in putting my old iPhones behind glass but rather help fund the next model, i.e., sell them.

As they say what ever floats your boat and if you enjoy that sort of thing, I'm not going to rain on your parade, its just not for me.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I have two of my old iPhones hanging around, only one of which is in any kind of collection. I have my original 4GB iPhone on display on my shelf, simply because it was such a good phone to me for several years. My 3GS is still around, unlocked by AT&T, and used as a travel phone for international travel.

ImaVeggie

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Does anybody collect iPhones? I like to collect them and put them on display . As of right now I have about 15 iPhones of different styles and aftermarket colors and just love collecting them! Going to get a couple 5s when they come out to add to my collection.
Anybody else collect them like me?

Could you take a photo of your collection? I'd love to see them all.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
No offense OP, but a phone is a tool for me, one that helps me make calls, run apps and at times, help time pass, especially when it comes to my kids, i.e., they like to play games.

I'm not really interested in putting my old iPhones behind glass but rather help fund the next model, i.e., sell them.

As they say what ever floats your boat and if you enjoy that sort of thing, I'm not going to rain on your parade, its just not for me.

The same thing can be said about cars. They are tools for getting us from point A to point B. But there are people that spends thousands and thousands of dollars for them. And that floats their boats. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The same thing can be said about cars. They are tools for getting us from point A to point B. But there are people that spends thousands and thousands of dollars for them. And that floats their boats. :)

I agree and I take the same sentiment. I opted for a Honda Civic, instead of something more expensive or luxurious. Its a great car with great mileage. Back to my point, I'm not trying to criticize the OP, quite the opposite. If he's enjoying the idea of collecting iPhones, the more power too him. It doesn't do anything for me, but its his money and his choice. :)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Agreed, I don't see the point in doing that either. But as long as the OP enjoys it, I say go for it OP.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Cars get chics, phone......

It's a good thing chicks (sic) are so dumb that they can be so impressed by a car that they don't notice what is sitting behind the wheel.

Chicks (sic) get suckered by cool wheels, and don't care about other stuff, like whether the owner is actually human.

Welcome to the past, and the Playboy man.

Unfortunately, you chicks (sic) out there have a bit of work to do with some of the young men today and their attitudes toward women.

Please accept my apologies for for the mindset of some representatives of my gender.:eek:

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
It's a good thing chicks (sic) are so dumb that they can be so impressed by a car that they don't notice what is sitting behind the wheel.

Chicks (sic) get suckered by cool wheels, and don't care about other stuff, like whether the owner is actually human.

Unfortunately, you chicks (sic) out there have a bit of work to do with some of the young men today and their attitudes toward women.

Please accept my apologies for for the mindset of some representatives of my gender.:eek:

Well said. When you guys truly learn how to appreciate and treat a woman with respect, it's only then you'll realize how good she can treat you in return. A nice car may last you 10 years, but a good woman can last you a lifetime. It's a no brainer.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Well said. When you guys truly learn how to appreciate and treat a woman with respect, it's only then you'll realize how good she can treat you in return. A nice car may last you 10 years, but a good woman can last you a lifetime. It's a no brainer.

In this day and age 10 years is a life time

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
This topic has me wondering how much an original iPhone from 2007, factory sealed, would go for these days.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

Really? His statement bothered you that much? Come on now, it's ok.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Collecting iPhones seems a bit silly. If you were into collected launch products then that makes sense (iPhone 1, iPad 1, Macintosh 1984, etc.)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I don't really like collecting things but I don't mind keeping a few things that I like a lot. I think I would probably just keep an original iPhone, white 3GS, and black 4S if I were collecting. But I wouldnt really call that a collection. :)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Personally, the way I see it is that the apps themselves will have more value than the phones. Because 10 years from now, the ones we have on our iOS devices now, won't still be in development. The app scene in 2008 was totally different to what it is now too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.