Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Any preference between Safari and Chrome? I've been using Safari and like how I can view pages that are open on all of my iDevices and Mac. I've found that I can do the same with Chrome so which provides the better experience and why?

Thanks!

auhagen

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Denmark
I mainly uses chrome. I like the speed of it, and the simplicity.

I know that Safari has been updated, and is a lot like that now, but it still seems like Safari runs faster.

When thats said, I hate that chrome's not yet 64bit, and in denmark all webbanking and electronic papers, is done thru java. I have to open safari to do that...

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Safari felt fast and worked fine for me but just downloaded Chrome. Let's see how it works out.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I installed Chrome on everything and signed into my Google account on each. I've only used it for a little while so I can't say if it's better or faster than Safari. One drawback is that it can't be set as the default browser. So when I click on a saved link or app that opens a website on my iPad or phone, it opens it in Safari.

auhagen

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Denmark
Freudian slip ;)

bla bla bla :D Honest mistake, its a typo. I ment Chrome ;D

----------

I installed Chrome on everything and signed into my Google account on each. I've only used it for a little while so I can't say if it's better or faster than Safari. One drawback is that it can't be set as the default browser. So when I click on a saved link or app that opens a website on my iPad or phone, it opens it in Safari.

Say what?
When in chrome press "cmd" + ",". That will open the options "tab" for chrome. At the bottom, you can set it as your default browser. Voila :)

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I've never been a fan of Safari. I use Chrome on both my PC's and Macs. It's fast, and I like that it automatically synchronizes my bookmarks, extensions, and settings across all my computers when logged into my google account. Before Chrome, I used Firefox

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I use Safari because it's the only browser that supports OS X's features (i.e. pinch to zoom, disappearing scroll bars, etc)

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
I've been using Chrome as my main browser for a while now. I just like all the built-in tweaks that don't require additional software.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
bla bla bla :D Honest mistake, its a typo. I ment Chrome ;D

----------

Say what?
When in chrome press "cmd" + ",". That will open the options "tab" for chrome. At the bottom, you can set it as your default browser. Voila :)

I see that in settings on my Mac Mini but what about on my iPhone and iPad? I searched online but couldn't find any way to do that. Actually, everything said that it can't be made as the default browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.