Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Younglearner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2013
Hi everyone, I just needed some help if you can tell me what's the most effective way to promote ipad app to boost sales? All your advices will be very much appreciated.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Frankly, if your app is innovative and brings something new to the table, it will almost always get noticed automatically. If it offers the same deal but works well - a review site will help increase sales. If the app is nothing more than an icon that crashes, then very clever promoting will get you to the top for about a week until people stop buying due to 1-star ratings.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Frankly, if your app is innovative and brings something new to the table, it will almost always get noticed automatically.

New apps almost never get noticed automatically, no matter how innovative, unless you are a big brand or have major PR connections. Nobody will know about your better mousetrap without marketing. Unless lightning strikes you.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
New apps almost never get noticed automatically, no matter how innovative, unless you are a big brand or have major PR connections. Nobody will know about your better mousetrap without marketing. Unless lightning strikes you.

Lightning tends to strike me on a daily basis…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.