Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I've seen a few bad reviews online of this site on photography forums but also good reviews. They exclusively repair Canon PowerShots. Has anyone here used them?

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Ooookay, well, I guess I'm the first to use them on macrumors. I shipped my poor S95 to El Paso, TX. They quoted me a 2-3 week turnaround. Normal charge is $89 for a no image fix package but since I broke a ribbon and also the lens tilts due to a fall, there's an extra $30 to replace those broken parts. I hope they do what they say they do...

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Well I got the camera back exactly 3 weeks after they received it from me. Cheaper than sending it to Canon but takes a week longer, though. I was worried that the company would screw me over like the reviews I read on photog forums. The guy who I spoke to sounded like he knew what to do with the camera. He quoted me a turn around time of 2-3 weeks. The camera is good as new!

Amanda.84

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2013
Arizona
I have used them twice now. Totally Excellent on the Repair!

Hey. Sorry, it seems that I'm a little late to the party :D Glad they worked out for you. I had them repair a camera years ago, I don't even remember the model but it was a small Canon and they were excellent. I just had them fix a second camera which was a G9 that wouldn't power on from one day to the next. They came through with an excellent repair and service and cleaning both times around. I will use them anytime I need to have a camera worked on. I'd highly recommend them to anyone needing to have a repair done. The service is excellent and actually affordable with them. Have you had any problems since yours was fixed? My old one worked for years until I lost it and the second one just got back and seems to be working beautifully.

Just wondering how yours has been since it was repaired?

danmanc

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Camerasandparts

I used them for a G12 with a lens error. I actually found their service to be above and beyond. I was very pleased and the camera seems to work like new again - plus they cleaned the heck out of the camera too! I'm a happy camper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.