Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
:mad: I am so steamed at Apple. They lead you down a path of how easy it is to create a book from your stored photos. Ha! Thats garbage. I have an image from the web that I want to have on the cover of my book. Its an image of the National Zoo Logo in Washington, DC. However, only a part of it shows on the cover and there is absolutely no way to reduce it in size so the whole image fits. This is just one of the latest problems with this software. A few months ago I wanted to create a desktop calendar but there is no such template for Apple iPhoto so I had to use Shutterfly. Perhaps, I will need to go there again to help with my present problem of images not fitting in my stupid Apple Book..:(

davidinva

macrumors 6502a
You may have to reduce the image size in another photo editing program. Not sure if Preview can do this. I have only made one photo book and that was with MyPublisher who sent a coupon for a free basic size book. Have several I want to do, so will have to choose a program. Know people who like Blurb.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
:mad: I am so steamed at Apple. They lead you down a path of how easy it is to create a book from your stored photos. Ha! Thats garbage. I have an image from the web that I want to have on the cover of my book. Its an image of the National Zoo Logo in Washington, DC. However, only a part of it shows on the cover and there is absolutely no way to reduce it in size so the whole image fits. This is just one of the latest problems with this software. A few months ago I wanted to create a desktop calendar but there is no such template for Apple iPhoto so I had to use Shutterfly. Perhaps, I will need to go there again to help with my present problem of images not fitting in my stupid Apple Book..:(

You have 2 options right off the start.

1. iPhoto can easily re-size your photo.
2. Preview can re-size photos as well.

Either app will do it in seconds for you.

nep61

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2007

I have been making iPhoto WALL Calendars for years for family members... never a problem... but I'm also not taking photos from the web -- all are shot by me.

As far as the Book goes... have made a few of them as well... Pictures are able to be scaled to size in the iphoto program... perhaps it's the ASPECT RATIO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.