Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I'm trying to install SimCity 3000 on my iMac G3 which is now running Mac OS 9.2. But I can't. The instructions say this:

PLEASE NOTE:

1) Just open this folder and keep it in your hard disk or burn it on a CD.

2) Click on "SimCity3000 Installer" and it should do the rest.

3) Enjoy!

P.S. This game was initially designed to run on Mac OS 9 (classic) and it works only with that version. In order to run the game you need to install OS 9 in your current OSX (can be Panther or Tiger) and once installed, it will open as a simulator.

If you don't know where to find it, try to check on your Mac OSX installation CD that came with your computer and it should be there.

I try to run the installer but Mac OS 9 will tell me that it cannot find the application program "PC" to open it, and then gives me a list of programs. I can choose Stuffit Expander but when I do, nothing happens. I even took the RAM out of another computer to bump up my iMac to 512MB. It still didn't help.

I don't know what's going on. Can someone help me?

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
SimCity 3000 is a pretty old game.

I wouldnt keep your hopes up on finding help on this

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
I'm trying to install SimCity 3000 on my iMac G3 which is now running Mac OS 9.2. But I can't.... I don't know what's going on. Can someone help me?

I just installed SC3000 under classic and it worked fine, never asked me to open it with another program. Are you using the Mac CD? When you open it does it look like this?...

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I just installed SC3000 under classic and it worked fine, never asked me to open it with another program. Are you using the Mac CD? When you open it does it look like this?...

[url=http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/Mrn8mac/SC3000Install1.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/Mrn8mac/SC3000Install2.jpg]Image[/URL]

Um...That's the thing. It doesn't open. It just complains about not being able to find the program that created the file. I don't know about using the Mac CD.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
I am guessing that you don't have the original SC3000 but a copy. The original looks like this...

If you do have the original CD than all I can suggest is try loading it on another Mac with system 9/classic and see if it opens okay there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.