Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Selfridges said in a statement that the Q10 is its "fastest-selling consumer electronics product ever," and that it sold its entire stock in two hours. BlackBerry itself is mum on the exact number of phones that have been moved, but The Guardian quotes several sources as saying that the Q10's launch is wildly successful; one Selfridges manager saying that the launch was "leagues beyond" any previous product launch, including BlackBerry's more conventional keyboardless Z10.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/04/blackberry-q10-selling-at-rate-of-thousands-per-hour-in-uk/

Looks like there are still people who like a physical keyboard on their phone. I'm quite surprised at this to be honest, I expected the Z10 to be the best seller out of the two. The future may be looking good for RIM/BlackBerry/whatever they call themselves.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Selfridges said in a statement that the Q10 is its "fastest-selling consumer electronics product ever," and that it sold its entire stock in two hours.

Yes, Mr. Selfridge!

images

:p

Nov 28, 2010
located
Apple sells almost 17,045 iPhones per hour, if one uses the last quarterly results and 91.5 days as time span.

(37,430 x 1,000) / (91.5 x 24)

joemod

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Athens, Greece
Apple sells almost 17,045 iPhones per hour, if one uses the last quarterly results and 91.5 days as time span.

I don't think that the original poster posted the news in the context "Omg! Apple is going down". I think that he posted it in the context "It's good to have alternatives and competition".

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/04/blackberry-q10-selling-at-rate-of-thousands-per-hour-in-uk/

Looks like there are still people who like a physical keyboard on their phone. I'm quite surprised at this to be honest, I expected the Z10 to be the best seller out of the two. The future may be looking good for RIM/BlackBerry/whatever they call themselves.

That's impressive for a company that much of the tech world deemed to be on it's way out. As for the physical keyboard, I tried one again the other day while waiting for someone at a phone shop, it's surprising how easy it is to get back into it after almost 5 years on touchscreen devices. I was typing away whole messages without looking and never making a mistake in seconds, on a phone I'd never used before.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

True, but Apple isn't on the verge of going out of business and by most opinions (including mine) that it was too little too late for BlackBerry. While its too early to say they've turned things around, their newest phones are being very well received and people are snatching them up at a high rate.

This is better then the win8 phones I believe that are not selling as well.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
True, but Apple isn't on the verge of going out of business and by most opinions (including mine) that it was too little too late for BlackBerry. While its too early to say they've turned things around, their newest phones are being very well received and people are snatching them up at a high rate.

This is better then the win8 phones I believe that are not selling as well.

Here in Asia/Indonesia it is still the brand to have, iPhones are just way to expensive for most, except the 3GS which is still available here for about $300

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here in Asia/Indonesia it is still the brand to have, iPhones are just way to expensive for most, except the 3GS which is still available here for about $300

I believe they're popular in South America as well, though the point is that in market share, they've taken a beating with Apple and android devices. People have long written them off but I think their new OS and phone designs are top notch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.