Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattg3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
ma.
I have about 250 cds in my Itunes account and want to know what im doing wrong that has the shuffle mode only play the same songs.I play my itunes account at work and in the course of a day some songs are played more than once,some have never been played and some cds always skipped while others are always played.Cant figure out how this shuffle mode works if it never touches on some cds or songs and always plays others.Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

mattg3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
ma.
Has anyone ever tried that?Why would that be any different from what I am doing now?Does putting music in a playlist make everything get played at least once before it repeats itself?

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I think it's just luck of the draw. You're right: both methods should work but perhaps there is something not truly random with shuffle mode.

You can use a Smart Playlist to create a list of songs with playcount = 0 (or less than 2 or whatever), limit it to 25 songs (or how many you want) then enable live updating and you'll get a continuously updating mix of non- (or low) played tunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.