Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

$hrap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2013
Hi all,

Current setup is Active Directory domain with a 2008 Domain Controller and XServe running Lion Server and OD.

We came over to a new site last September, which is now under a managed service and they setup a Netbook image via DeployStudio on the Xserve. It's always worked correctly by booting up our iMacs and Macbook Pros (running OSX 10.7 Lion) and holding down the N key.

However, recently, the XServe has been restarted a couple of times and updated to the last updates. Since then, net boot is failing completely. Holding down N on any of the clients completely ignores net boot - no globe icon, nothing. Just straight to the Apple logo then login screen.

We have DHCP services running on our 2008 domain controller box, so I don't think there's any need to have that running on the XServe?

NFS is running, net boot is running and the RepositoryDS is running, as is the Netboot shared folders containing the .mbi files.

I have noticed the following reoccurring error in the server admin logs which I've attached to this thread:

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 16.03.13.png

This has only started since updating the server to latest updates. Any hints, suggestions or advice who be great.

Thanks all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.