Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fanisp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Hey guys.

Quick question.

I have a verizon iphone 5 phone which as far as I know it is unlocked.
I am very confused as far as what prepaid plan to choose from, since i want to cancel my contract.

there are so many companies out there..but none of them is clear if they support the iphone and what speeds will i be getting?

anyone can help advice

thank u !

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Hey guys.

Quick question.

I have a verizon iphone 5 phone which as far as I know it is unlocked.
I am very confused as far as what prepaid plan to choose from, since i want to cancel my contract.

there are so many companies out there..but none of them is clear if they support the iphone and what speeds will i be getting?

anyone can help advice

thank u !

Your best options are Straight talk, Net10, etc or if you are in a really good Refarmed area then you can go with one of the T-Mobile carriers such as Solavei...4GB 3G/4G Data + Unlimited Talk+ TExt.

check my other threads by clicking on my name, your options are listed.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
From my experience StraightTalk has horrid data speeds, but T-Mobile seems to be a good option, I don't think you'll get LTE though.

Pre-paid T-Mobile works well for me, and the plans are pretty well priced, around the same level as an MVNO. If you need a lot of calling, I'd stick with an MVNO like Net10 or something, but if you mostly text/use data, then I'd go with T-Mobile.

Yeezus

macrumors member
May 20, 2013
T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan with 100 mins/ unlimited text & data - first 5 GB up to 4G speeds works for me as I am heavy data user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.