Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
Sorry but what do you mean by no? Could you please give me a full answer :) (i just don't want to misunderstand your answer that's why I ask for full answer)

this is why Apple locks down iOS, to prevent things like spyware, etc. If your iphone is stock only code signed by Apple is allowed to run thus preventing spyware and the likes.

Even jailbroken you are pretty safe from such things as long as you avoid sketchy apps and repos.

Nichola1950

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
There are no spy apps for non-jb phones.

Thanks my friend

----------

this is why Apple locks down iOS, to prevent things like spyware, etc. If your iphone is stock only code signed by Apple is allowed to run thus preventing spyware and the likes.

Even jailbroken you are pretty safe from such things as long as you avoid sketchy apps and repos.
Sorry but I don't speak English very well, could you please give me a simple answer

Nichola1950

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Perhaps you should define what you mean by 'spy applications'.
Spy application is the kind of application that Monitor your iPhone and send every thing you do on the iPhone to the person who has installed the spy application on your iPhone

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Spy application is the kind of application that Monitor your iPhone and send every thing you do on the iPhone to the person who has installed the spy application on your iPhone

No such app for non-jb phone and I am not aware of any such app for a jb phone.

Nichola1950

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
No such app for non-jb phone and I am not aware of any such app for a jb phone.
I heard from a friend that there are a lot of these apps but because apple doesn't allow people to install apps not from the app store so that's why non-jailbroken iPhone is protected from spyware app

Nichola1950

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Then you should ask your friend what the apps are.
In fact I am not looking to find apps like these, the only thing that I wanted to make sure from you expert people that you can't install any kind of apps on a NONJAILBROKEN iPhone not from the app store ( apple application store )

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
In fact I am not looking to find apps like these, the only thing that I wanted to make sure from you expert people that you can't install any kind of apps on a NONJAILBROKEN iPhone not from the app store ( apple application store )

On a stock iphone the only apps you can install are Apple verified/approved apps from the appstore. That's it.
The only thing close thing to monitoring another iphone as far as location goes is find my iphone from the appstore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.