Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpidrWeb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
First of all, please forgive me, it's the very first time on this forum for me, and needless to say, I'm a little lost.

I have one quick question, and if I'm asking it in the wrong thread, please do redirect me and I'll happily ask it in its proper place.

Now my question being this.
Recently my boss gave me a little more work load so to speak, so now part of my job is annotating screen shots.

So, beings I work on a MacBook Pro, the trackpad can be a little bit annoying drawing with, so what would be recommended for me:
1: using some useful app and drawing with my fingers or maybe a stylus on my iPad?
2: getting a Magic Mouse, and using it the old fashion way by clicking away so to speak.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance, and again, if this is the not correct thread, I will gladly move it.

davedee65

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
UK
I guess it might depend on what application you're going to use but whatever you use if you can't get on with the trackpad and you want to do a pro job then get a mouse!

SpidrWeb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I guess it might depend on what application you're going to use but whatever you use if you can't get on with the trackpad and you want to do a pro job then get a mouse!

Thank you!
Mostly I'll be using Preview itself, sometimes a couple 3rd party apps, but nothing too fancy, it's more of a thing where I'm going to be doing a lot of them every day so I need something fast yet precise.

Thank you for the reply, I'll get a mouse tomorrow and see how it goes :)

dvin

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
check out Adobe Idea's on the ipad. it's pretty user friendly and with a stylus, you can do some fun stuff. it has one layer that can be used as a photo layer (for your screenshots). then you can draw over the top of the photo and export to a pdf.

pretty awesome app.

good luck.

SpidrWeb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
check out Adobe Idea's on the ipad. it's pretty user friendly and with a stylus, you can do some fun stuff. it has one layer that can be used as a photo layer (for your screenshots). then you can draw over the top of the photo and export to a pdf.

pretty awesome app.

good luck.

I just got a mouse and so far it's working pretty good, still trying to get used to the swiping between pages (the track pad spoiled me :p) but its way easier for the job.

But I'll definitely look into the adobes idea.

Thank you all for all your feedback, you really helped me out a lot! I appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.