Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tje25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2013
Hey all, i have recently installed bootcamp onto my imac (late 2012, 3.4 i7, 8 GB Ram, GTX 680MX, 3TB Fusion and am attempting to play Arma II, specifically the Dayz mod.

First of all just wondering if any of you are doing the same? I have managed to get fairly average FPS of around a solid 65 in quiet areas but dropping to as low as 20 in high traffic areas, this is at med-high settings, now i know this i partially due to the fact that Arma II is a complete pig to run but have any of you out there overclocked your machines, is it even possible?! Sorry, i am by my own admittance new to all of this in truth!

If any of you are also running Dayz are you getting a better fps rate and what settings are you using?

Edit: I have already installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, giving me great performance in Oblivion, which is the only other game on the system so far on ultra high settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.