Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henryonapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Last year, on June 14, I purchased a MBA which included a $100 iTunes Gift Card. Has anyone heard rumors if Apple will have this offer again for their Edu Store?

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
It is called the Back to School promo and it hasn't started yet this year.

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
You seem confident.

Then maybe, JUST maybe, they are waiting to announce it so they can announce it together with the new Retina MacBook Pro? :cool:

It's just that it's happened every year that I can remember. I think the rMBP refresh would be alongside 10.9 rather than a promotion, but maybe.

Mr. RPG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
It's just that it's happened every year that I can remember. I think the rMBP refresh would be alongside 10.9 rather than a promotion, but maybe.

I'm just trying to stay optimistic.

I think it is a little bit probable, because.. why else haven't they announced it yet? I can't think of a reason.

The only possible scenario is that they are waiting for the first day of summer which is:

Friday, June 21
The First Day of Summer (Summer Solstice) 2013

PhD Chick

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
Norwich, UK
I'm just trying to stay optimistic.

I think it is a little bit probable, because.. why else haven't they announced it yet? I can't think of a reason.

The only possible scenario is that they are waiting for the first day of summer which is:

Friday, June 21
The First Day of Summer (Summer Solstice) 2013

Maybe they've just realise that it's actually quite a long time for a promotion to be going for?

The Australian Back to School promo is about a month shorter this year than it was last (correct me if I'm wrong, I remember seeing the dates compared somewhere) so maybe they're just doing the same here and starting it later?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.