Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Solid color background look amazing with iOS 7. I think it's really weird that they pair up these flat icons with sparkly wallpapers. Maybe a solid background would look just too much like Windows 8?

I think these icons were made to be on a solid color background, I bet Ives' personal phone is set up that way :cool:

The only problem is that it's a pain having to make my own in photoshop and then send them over to my phone. There should be an option for this like there is in OS X. I thought of a possible workaround by using an online color picker, taking a screen shot of it and then zooming in on that color when choosing it as the wallpaper. At least I don't have to use my computer that way.

Calisson

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2013
Plain color wallpaper generator

Have you tried the iOS App called Plain, by living liquid software gmbh? (That is not a typo!)

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Easiest way I've found without any apps or a computer:

http://www.1x1px.me

If you know the color code, just enter it. If not, touch the square color block and you can select a color from the picker. Then click download. You will not be able to see the image in mobile Safari, so just open the share sheet and select "Save Image".

As an added benefit, you will get the smallest file sized wallpaper possible... It's only 1x1 pixel! The iPhone perfectly fills the entire screen displaying a nice solid colored wallpaper.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2006
Agree. Don't understand why they can't include solid colors (instead of Photo Wallpapers only).

I put a light grey solid color as background and it looks awesome, better than any photo wallpaper.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
Solid color background look amazing with iOS 7. I think it's really weird that they pair up these flat icons with sparkly wallpapers. Maybe a solid background would look just too much like Windows 8?

I think these icons were made to be on a solid color background, I bet Ives' personal phone is set up that way :cool:

The only problem is that it's a pain having to make my own in photoshop and then send them over to my phone. There should be an option for this like there is in OS X. I thought of a possible workaround by using an online color picker, taking a screen shot of it and then zooming in on that color when choosing it as the wallpaper. At least I don't have to use my computer that way.

The reason they are defaulting "sparkly" wallpapers is to show off parrallax effects. With solid flat wallpaper it doesn't read.

It really doesn't matter since you can make anything you want your wallpaper.

Htin

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
pity the effect doesnt look as good as that they show in wwdc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.