Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iOS UI Do You Like Better

• iOS 6.0

Votes: 72 23.5%
  • iOS 7.0

Votes: 235 76.5%

• Total voters

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Which iOS User Interface do you like better...

Let's settle this once and for all.

Last edited:

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
iOS 6 looks way better, but the functions in iOS 7 are better w/o a doubt.

I've just reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 until Beta 2 arrives, things aren't very stable and getting overheating & batt drains.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
iOS 6 looks way better, but the functions in iOS 7 are better w/o a doubt.

I've just reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 until Beta 2 arrives, things aren't very stable and getting overheating & batt drains.

Exactly, I've done the same thing! But my gf wants to try it out so im going ios 7 again haha

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
You should have put a neither option, but due to the really good added features as said earlier by someone else ill have to get used to the UI.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
I am downloading the iOS 7 Beta to try it out on my iPhone 4 so until then I am withholding judgement. Will vote and chime in later.

Davieis

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
Melbourne, AU
The added features are great. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the UI at all. It's just too simple, dull and mono tone. It's like they've made it so simplistic that usability and affordance has been compromised.

It looks far too similar to Google and its lost it's 'Appleness', which made iOS unique and just so easy to grasp compared to Android. It doesn't reflect Apple's style at all. I think older people are going to have trouble with it especially. I was expecting a lot better from Jonny Ives.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Crap poll and definitely not in any way official. It doesn't take into account that people might like the new features and the way actual apps look but hate the main screen icon design - which is downright amateurish to be honest.

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
iOS 7 looks great, and more importantly, is a forward huge step for Apple. And like Ive said, it's very much a "starting point" for things to come in the future.

Expect to see refinements down the road.

Can't wait for fall 2013.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I've read a lot, iv'e see a lot of screens and definitely i prefer iOS6. iOS6 has a unified style, a more solid style all over the system. There are apps in iOS7 that seems that are not from the same OS. The new icons are ugly, and colors too. iOS7 is plain but with transparency.. it's a weird combination. I'm very disappointed :(. I miss you Scott!

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Seriously! I tried it out (Beta 1) and I love it! I actually got passed the icons...didnt notice them. I was too focused on the new UI lol. It was very painful coming back to iOS 6 til another Beta comes.

:)))
Dude! I feel your pain!
I actually still refrain from downgrading even though my battery is taking a hit.

Now I hate to go back to ios6 too.. I am still meditating... should I??? :)
I really hate these iOS 7 icons but everything else is fine - sluggish animations sometimes and apps crashing aside...

Still thinking what to do....

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
If i am allowed to nitpick, its basically the same UI (where as the iOS7 version is an extended subset of iOS6 versions UI), but the UX (User exprience) is vastly different. :p

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
:)))
Dude! I feel your pain!
I actually still refrain from downgrading even though my battery is taking a hit.

Now I hate to go back to ios6 too.. I am still meditating... should I??? :)
I really hate these iOS 7 icons but everything else is fine - sluggish animations sometimes and apps crashing aside...

Still thinking what to do....

I would downgrade lol even though iOS 7 is sexy and all but remember. Its still a beta its not stable as iOS 6.1.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I have said this again and again. But the user exp i think depends on the color of the phone. If you have it setup like the white iphone showed off in the conference. You don't mind the UI or the icons etc as much. The black phones, you have to play with the background and so forth to tone down the OS. But it blends perfect with the white iphone. So the answer to this poll i think also depends on whether the user is using the white or black phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.