Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I've been playing with iOS 7, and even though it's a beta, it especially bothers me when features have been removed from iOS 6 that were actually usefull.

What I've found so far:
- List view in Calendar is gone, as well as the dots for days with calendar entries
- Letter scroll in album view (Music)
- Spotlight search which starts searching before you hit 'search'
- Weather in Notification Center which tells you more than just the weather for the day.
- Do Not Disturb icon in the status bar. When DND is set for 'locked state' only, it only shows the icon when the phone is locked. This is a bit confusing. I played around with iOS 7 a little bit, toggled DND, forgot about it, then locked my phone, only to find out I missed a few messages sometime later because apparently DND was on without telling me.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I've been playing with iOS 7, and even though it's a beta, it especially bothers me when features have been removed from iOS 6 that were actually usefull.

What I've found so far:
- List view in Calendar is gone, as well as the dots for days with calendar entries
- Letter scroll in album view (Music)
- Spotlight search which starts searching before you hit 'search'
- Weather in Notification Center which tells you more than just the weather for the day.
- Do Not Disturb icon in the status bar. When DND is set for 'locked state' only, it only shows the icon when the phone is locked. This is a bit confusing. I played around with iOS 7 a little bit, toggled DND, forgot about it, then locked my phone, only to find out I missed a few messages sometime later because apparently DND was on without telling me.

List view is still there in Calendar you just need to hit the magnifying glass

Last edited:

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
- iOS 7 App Store doesn't have the "+" sign to indicate universal apps. So you can't know which app is universal or not

- Can't compare achievements with friends in iOS 7 GameCenter.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
The automatic searching is a bit slow, but it's definitely there.

Also on my 5 the letter bar is still there in Album view...

Mavericks

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2013
I don't think iOS7 is ready for prime time yet... Let's just have iOS 6.2 this year and save iOS7 for next year

imaginex20

macrumors 65832
Jun 17, 2009
I noticed the setting for repeat messages is missing. This is the setting to "remind" you of missed calls/messages.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
The automatic searching is a bit slow, but it's definitely there.

Also on my 5 the letter bar is still there in Album view...
Well, then I guess my typing is faster than the search time, which pretty much boils down to the same thing: it's not instant.

lokey

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2003
Seems to be missing the software Mute button you used to get by going left to the music controls in the multitasking pull up.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Well, then I guess my typing is faster than the search time, which pretty much boils down to the same thing: it's not instant.

I'd wait until final release before judging that particular function, though.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
In iOS6 dnd used to auto deactivate when the phone was unlocked... Now you have the option of letting dnd continue even when unlocked... That is the reason...

See the last 2 setting options...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 192

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I miss the list in calendar underneath the month in month view. I also miss the ability to rate songs (just an oversight, I'm sure) ... I also wish they'd put the counter back in the tabs icon in Safari so I can see if/how many tabs I have open.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
In iOS6 dnd used to auto deactivate when the phone was unlocked... Now you have the option of letting dnd continue even when unlocked... That is the reason...

See the last 2 setting options...
I know. But from now on, you have to activaly remember that you switched DND on for the 'lock state' only, because you get no signal of this. The icon is gone.

I know why it works this way, but the result is simple:

In iOS 6 you can always see instantly whether DND is on/off, in iOS 7 you can't.

That sucks.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I know. But from now on, you have to activaly remember that you switched DND on for the 'lock state' only, because you get no signal of this. The icon is gone.

I know why it works this way, but the result is simple:

In iOS 6 you can always see instantly whether DND is on/off, in iOS 7 you can't.

That sucks.

Yea but then there is an increase in functionality... You can always check the lockscreen to know...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.