Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Brother (WiFi) HL-2270DW & Mac Pro (10.8), iMac (10.9), iPad (iOS6), iPhone (iOS6), Extreme n. Was working fine and bought an Extreme ac and of course had to reinstall. Now I can’t get my Mac Pro to print. The Brother printer’s Shared (brw008092956db7) shows up in the Mac Pro’s Finder and if I hit + (Add Printer or Scanner) in Printer & Scan: Preferences it shows the Brother as a “Nearby Printers” and I can add/install it. It then show with a green “light” and Idle. If I try to print the “light” goes & stays yellow and In Use (but no printing). If I open the Print Queue it says “Printing - The Printer is not Responding”. and it will stay this way indefinitely (or at least several hours). The printer’s current IP is 10.0.1.10 (not sure what it was in previous install) but Safari doesn’t find it.

It prints fine with my iMac and iDevices. If I put 10.0.1.10 in my iMac’s Safari it goes to printer info page (like it should).

Why does my Pac Pro seem to see it (Shared in Finder and will add it as a Printer Near by) but won’t print to it or allow the IP address in Safari? Could this have something to do with the previous Extreme n configuration? If so how do I find and delete it?

I have tried factory reset of the printer, deleting the printer, re installing the print driver and.......

Printer.png

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Brother (WiFi) HL-2270DW & Mac Pro (10.8), iMac (10.9), iPad (iOS6), iPhone (iOS6), Extreme n. Was working fine and bought an Extreme ac and of course had to reinstall. Now I can’t get my Mac Pro to print. The Brother printer’s Shared (brw008092956db7) shows up in the Mac Pro’s Finder and if I hit + (Add Printer or Scanner) in Printer & Scan: Preferences it shows the Brother as a “Nearby Printers” and I can add/install it. It then show with a green “light” and Idle. If I try to print the “light” goes & stays yellow and In Use (but no printing). If I open the Print Queue it says “Printing - The Printer is not Responding”. and it will stay this way indefinitely (or at least several hours). The printer’s current IP is 10.0.1.10 (not sure what it was in previous install) but Safari it doesn’t find it.

It prints fine with my iMac and iDevices. If I put 10.0.1.10 in my iMac’s Safari it goes to printer info page (like it should).

Why does my Pac Pro seem to se it (Shared in Finer and will add it as a Printer Near by) but won’t print to it or allow the IP address in Safari? Could this have something to do with the previous Extreme n configuration? If so how do I find and delete it?

I have tried factory reset of the printer, deleting the printer, re installing the print driver and.......

Did you power cycle everything after setup of the new AE ?

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Many, many times. I have tried all obvious (at least to me) troubleshooting measures multiple times.

Have you tried changing the network connection ? e.g. connect the MP via a LAN and/or connect the Brother via a LAN. Then you can isolate the problem to WiFi or something else ?

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Have you tried changing the network connection ? e.g. connect the MP via a LAN and/or connect the Brother via a LAN. Then you can isolate the problem to WiFi or something else ?

My Mac Pro is connected to the Extreme by Ethernet (Mac Pro's don't have WiFi) . Have tried connecting the printer by Ethernet and get the same results. I can connect the printer to my Mac Pro by USB and it will print. Of course it installed a USB driver instead of a a Bonjour driver.

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
My Mac Pro is connected to the Extreme by Ethernet (Mac Pro's don't have WiFi) . Have tried connecting the printer by Ethernet and get the same results. I can connect the printer to my Mac Pro by USB and it will print. Of course it installed a USB driver instead of a a Bonjour driver.

Can't think what else to suggest. I have had problems with my HP but turning it off and on again usually works. In the end I have connected my HP and my Epson by WiFi without new problems.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I guess my call to Tim shock him up.:D In only a couple of hours I got my update.:eek:

printer.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.