Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
How can I restore from backup? When I upgraded my iPad (3rd gen), I went through the setup process and didn't get to restore my apps. When I go into iCloud settings it marks this iPad as the same one that I just backed up, but my apps won't come back. I never received a choice.

When I try to disable Activation Lock in order to erase & start over, that fails. Can anyone else disable activation lock?

joshforman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2012
I believe you can restore a backup to a device only if it's running the same OS version as when the backup was made.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I believe you can restore a backup to a device only if it's running the same OS version as when the backup was made.

Same or newer. Well with final software it is that way. Has to be so that you can use backups to set up new hardware that is released with new software.

However as this is preview version software it is possible there is a bug in the system that is blocking being able to connect to restore backups.

The only way around it might be to DFU and install iOS 6, load the backup and then just update to iOS 7. Provided the back up in question was from iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.