Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emckai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Is anyone else having this problem? Didn't seem to have it in beta 1.

Whenever you open a group text (currently have about 6 people in mine) it'll lag for a minute and then it proceeds to the group text.
Anyone? It doesn't happen with single text messages.

zgrinn88

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
iOS 7 beta 2 Group SMS

Group sms is not working for me in beta 2 for ios 7, it is driving me crazy!

Anyone else having a problem? If i try to access it, it locks up the phone and turns off my imessage.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Works fine here.

Are you using iMessage group chat, or an actual text through the carrier for group messaging?

On AT&T I've never been able to carry out a text message group chat, as it just sends the text individually to each number, then when they reply it comes though just from them, not in the group.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
iOS6 would let you send messages to more than 10 people.

In iOS7 you can not send to more than 10 people unless ALL people use imessage. Once you add your 11th person to the text the names all turn blue and when you try to send you get an error.

Edit: Message app will usually crash when you add too many people.

BTW the error message is now screwed up in Beta 2.

zgrinn88

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
i`m using imessage to 6 other people all using iphones, and it wont let me text them or recieve messages from them. Using iphone 5 on AT&T.

zgrinn88

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
i`ve tried network reset so far, which helps imessage for a bit, but still nothing with the group sms.

----------

Have you tried any Resets?

network reset so far, afraid to do a reset and restore from icloud i dont want to mess up the phone

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
i`ve tried network reset so far, which helps imessage for a bit, but still nothing with the group sms.

----------

network reset so far, afraid to do a reset and restore from icloud i dont want to mess up the phone

Try Reset All Settings. It won't delete anything, just reset your wallpaper, ringtones, stock apps notifications. It's worth a try.

zgrinn88

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Try Reset All Settings. It won't delete anything, just reset your wallpaper, ringtones, stock apps notifications. It's worth a try.

You are the man! that worked...not sure why i didnt think of that. Thanks so much!

zgrinn88

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
reset "all settings" and now mine works perfectly fine.

Was having the same issue before.

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Group sms is not working for me in beta 2 for ios 7, it is driving me crazy!

Anyone else having a problem? If i try to access it, it locks up the phone and turns off my imessage.

This is why you don't put beta software on your primary (and likely only) device. And before you say "I can downgrade if I want." No you can't. Unless you are willing to sacrifice all of your data (can't restore a backup to a lower version OS).

F-Patrick

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
SMS on iOS 7.0.2 no more than 10 contacts

After a lot of tests with iPhone 5 SMS and different GROUP-SMS Apps, it seems that iOS7 dosen't work anymore with more that 10 contacts in one SMS.

It's why GroupPro Lite from Demodit GmbH cut an sms to 50 contacts in 5 sms with always 10 recipients.

In iOS6.x.x there was no problems with sms on more than 50 contacts.

Is this now a new bug or is it an dictation from Apple, but why?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
After a lot of tests with iPhone 5 SMS and different GROUP-SMS Apps, it seems that iOS7 dosen't work anymore with more that 10 contacts in one SMS.

It's why GroupPro Lite from Demodit GmbH cut an sms to 50 contacts in 5 sms with always 10 recipients.

In iOS6.x.x there was no problems with sms on more than 50 contacts.

Is this now a new bug or is it an dictation from Apple, but why?

This thread is 4 months old, did you need to bump it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.