Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzhu07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I always thought 8 Mile was a great film, with Eminem doing a really fantastic job. So it kind of surprised me that since then, he has not starred in any other feature film, but not because he was never offered anything else, but because he ultimately declined many roles.

One of which, was Elysium. It eventually went to Matt Damon.

Maybe he just doesn't care to keep doing films unless it's a great opportunity and all the conditions are agreed upon. It certainly seems like he's fine with 8 Mile being his only feature film and he doesn't want to work just to work.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I always thought 8 Mile was a great film, with Eminem doing a really fantastic job. So it kind of surprised me that since then, he has not starred in any other feature film, but not because he was never offered anything else, but because he ultimately declined many roles.

One of which, was Elysium. It eventually went to Matt Damon.

Maybe he just doesn't care to keep doing films unless it's a great opportunity and all the conditions are agreed upon. It certainly seems like he's fine with 8 Mile being his only feature film and he doesn't want to work just to work.

Different strokes for different folks.

Eminem was pretty solid in 8 mile, I'll give him that.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
I guess by the time he appeared in 8 Mile it was more or less an experiment for him, testing the waters. The Hollywood grind may have proved to be more than he is willing to endure again and he certainly does not need the money.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Plus 8 Mile was about pushing his story through his movie and music. There's no other film project that's going to be half as appealing to him.

I doubt he sees himself in any way as an actor.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I just personally cannot see Eminem/Slim Shady in that kind of a role, or any role for that matter outside of a comedy. 8-Mile was well, it was a serious role made for him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.