Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smith221

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
Hi I have just restored my apple tv 2 it is asking me to connect to Itunes to restore it but it is not listed after I connect it to Itunes with mico usb. I have done the following to tried and restore it. I have held the menu button and the down volume button for 7 sec nothing happens. I have tried the doing the same with the menu and play.

Last edited:

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Hi I have just restored my apple tv 2 it is asking me to connect to Itunes to restore it but it is not listed after I connect it to Itunes with mico usb. I have done the following to tried and restore it. I have held the menu button and the down volume button for 7 sec nothing happens. I have tried the doing the same with the menu and play.

you probably need to a) unplug the power cable while it is hooked up via usb or B) if you are jailbreaking, the latest jailbreak is tethered, so you'll need to boot with seasonpass

Smith221

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
I forgot to say that I have tried it with power and no power. I also just plugged it in to usb and started Itunes as per apple instructions.

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
I forgot to say that I have tried it with power and no power. I also just plugged it in to usb and started Itunes as per apple instructions.

redownload the software and restore it again

like, delete the iOS image and redownload it

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX

I don't know about atv2, but atv3 you plug in power to the atv after it's hooked usb and itunes is open. I turn on itunes, connect unpowered atv via usb and then plug in power cable.

The first time I DID have problems so I uninstalled itunes, uninstalled ALL apple programs, downed a fresh version of itunes and it has worked ever since.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
I have tried that to no avail

Sorry then, that was it for me other than maybe trying a different usb cable. I had a phone one time that my laptop would not recognize, I about went crazy as the phone would charge with it so I thought it was good. I finally tried another and it worked. The first cable worked before on the laptop but just quit except for charging.

Just thinking out loud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.