Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Fan Control 1.2 doesn't work with Mountain Lion. I really quite like it, seeing as I can set thresholds and let it decide, unlike smcFanControl.

Does anyone know of any equivalents that are 10.8 compatible?

Queen6

macrumors G4
Your welcome, a good setting for a 15" MBP is 65C, fans will cut in, equally they will not be overly intrusive and system temp will remain very stable.

Personally I prefer the fans to kick in early up to 4K and cool the system down, as opposed to waiting until the computer is baking hot, thermally saturated and the fans need to run at max RPM for a prolonged periods of time. Present day portable Mac`s are aimed at the "Starbucks" gang, looking cool and doing little. In this scenario they run reasonably cool & quiet, however if you actually push these systems and unleash the performance Intel offers they rapidly become "turbojets" with fans "screaming" at max RPM for prolonged periods.

UltraFan can reduce operating temperatures by as much as 20C in extreme circumstance simply by offering a far more proactive approach to cooling very much the antithesis of Apple`s extremely reactive quiet & hot trying to look cool, yet embarrassingly loud when worked approach...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.