Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Hi all, I am looking for some info on a good piece of software that will give me remote capability with my Sony A700. I would like to be able to open the shutter every set amount of seconds for night shots. A buddy of mine uses his nexus 7 connected to his cannon rebel but I am not aware of anything for the sony space. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
You can buy wired remote shutter releases with self timers. I had a programable Seculine Twin-1 for my A700 I used to do time-lapse.

Great camera by the way. It must be the best handling camera I have ever used.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
You can buy wired remote shutter releases with self timers. I had a programable Seculine Twin-1 for my A700 I used to do time-lapse.

Great camera by the way. It must be the best handling camera I have ever used.

Thanks for the help guys. I will check out the remote.

I love this camera. Had it since day 1. I have big hands and this body fits them perfectly. I do like some of the new features on the a77 or even. My girlfriend picked up an a65 last year and I just don't like it as much. Body is too small and the button layout is annoying. I Will have this camera for a long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.