Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnappleseed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with Siri? 6 out of 10 times when I try to use Siri I will get a long lag before being told that it's not accepting questions, please try again in a little while. I have 5 circles of LTE. I've had the issue over LTE and on multiple wifi connections. I've restored my phone and set it up as a new device but the issue persists. Can anyone chime in?

Also, I'm running the latest beta build on an iPhone 5

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I've been having the same issues since b1. If I activated Siri and ask a question, she sits there and eventually tells me she is sorry.

If I activate it, stop her, then tap the circle and ask the question again, it works just fine. It seems that initial startup when using the long home button press isn't working right...

dimdom

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
I am having the same problem on my ipad 3. " I am really sorry about this but I can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while. "

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I had problems with him (the male sounds more human), so I turned Siri capability off and back on in Settings and it has been better.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
I noticed when I first installed the beta I wasnt able to use Siri to open apps. In the last week or so (maybe since the last beta, I'm not exactly sure) it seems to be working. Maybe the server end is being updated continuously to work properly with new os?

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
It's normal. iOS7 Siri is still under development after all. They can take the service up and down as they need. Should be much better when it is put in production.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
iOS 7 beta 6 is unfinished Siri keeps switching between her iOS 5 voice and iOS 7 voice.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
No proof but I'd think tht Siri on beta devices are probably querying servers at apple that are intended only for development. Apple has had a lot of development server issues the past few months.

Siri has been great with simple queries lately but worthless with more complex ones. I assume it's high load from all the devs banging on things trying to make things break.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.