Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay Kayess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Oregon Coast
My 'friend' gave me her old iPod after she had it "wiped clean" by the Apple Rep ..... everything, that is except the Bluetooth device of her home iMac.

Since Bluetooth was turned on & her device was the only one listed, was she able to see all of my emails before I discovered it and removed it? Any way to check or anything I can do now?

Please help.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
My 'friend' gave me her old iPod after she had it "wiped clean" by the Apple Rep ..... everything, that is except the Bluetooth device of her home iMac.

Since Bluetooth was turned on & her device was the only one listed, was she able to see all of my emails before I discovered it and removed it? Any way to check or anything I can do now?

Please help.

It's not that simple. It is highly unlikely any if your personal information is on her iMac. Don't worry.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Unless you live to a room next to her, Bluetooth has extremely short range, maximum of around 30 feet and at that range latency would almost certainly be visible. Also Bluetooth protocol on Apple devices (except for Macs and possibly jailbroken iOS devices) are limited to only certain tasks that Apple has API's for. In other words it would be impossible for her to spy on you with Bluetooth signals. Just delete the paired signal if it annoys you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.