Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
1. We pretty much know everything about the next gen iPhones - what colors the iPhone 5C and 5S will come in, dual LED flash, plastic back on the 5C, finger print sensor on the 5S etc. We even know what the packaging will look like for Peet's sake!

2. I know the new iPad mini will have retina display and the iPad 5 will have a thinner bezel like the iPad mini.

3. We have people ordering backplate and front plates of the new iPhone and iPad models from Asia and doing reviews of them on youtube comparing them to existing models.

I already know what iOS 7 brings to the table. Now I know pretty much know what products are coming, except their price points. I have very little excitement left for the Sep 10th event.

Seriously, have the leaks even been this bad?

INB4 '#doubledown'

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I look at leaks as just speculations, and don't put too much time thinking about them much until the last few weeks. It also does not bother me in the least as it appears to bother you regarding worst year for Apple leaks. Its just a normal procession of human nature that some are bothered and others don't much care. ;)

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Seriously, have the leaks even been this bad?'

Nothing will ever top the iPhone 4 Gizmodo leak. That was a real working prototype leaked and had Apple respond with a police raid to get it back.

All this empty shell stuff we get now really doesn't compare.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I just don't get why people care about leaks.
They don't bother me. I love 'em but stockholders would prefer everything Apple does remain confidential lest competitors start doing something similar on their own. (Like Samsung's new Watch). That said, leaks will never be suppressed.

I often wonder why Apple doesn't just leak fake products so the competition chases their tails in panic. (Which reminds me... it's time for another iTV rumor to hit the front page).

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
They don't bother me. I love 'em but stockholders would prefer everything Apple does remain confidential lest competitors start doing something similar on their own. That said, it'll never happen.

I often wonder why Apple doesn't just leak fake products so the competition chases their tails in panic. (Which reminds me... it's time for another iTV rumor to hit the front page).

Because if people love the fake products and then find out they're fake, they'd be PISSED xD

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
There just might be something to these leaks being on purpose. I mean I can see a iPhone case being snuck out of a plant, but an iPad 5 case? And what is perhaps the biggest addition to the 5S, the tiny finger print button is no where to be found.

Spacial

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
It seems that behind the scenes Apple may have orchestrated leaks to offset the all talk but no action behavior they've displayed in 2013.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Because if people love the fake products and then find out they're fake, they'd be PISSED xD
Then people shouldn't vest their emotions in gizmos that are only rumors?

And I still believe Steve Jobs perpetrated the biggest hoax-leak of them all with his comment about the TV. ("I finally cracked it!") I can just see Samsung pissing away gazillions of dollars in R&D for this.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Personally I feel the iWatch is the big hoax and Samsung fell for it.

Comeon how hard is to pull out the phone from ur pockets to do whatever. If u think ppl faces are glued to their phones now can u imaging ppl staring at the watches?

If there's going to be a smart watch, it should be not there to duplicate a phone's functions but rather do things that are more natural on ur wrist like monitoring physiological data, maybe a compass/GPS. Not that crap the Gear does.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
This sort of thread will make sense after Apple announces their new devices. Only at that point will we be able to compare the new features with the leaks we got to know.
What we think is a valuable leak now might prove wrong soon.

If you just refer to rumors as pure speculations, then no, every year it's almost the same.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Almost every Apple product leaks nowadays. Every iPhone (except the first one, which was announced months before the release) has leaked. It's impossible to produce a million iPhones and keep it a secret.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
I do wish Apple would take more draconian action to protect their valuable intellectual secrets. There's too much leaking going on and it hurts the mystery that drives the brand. I'd like to see bloggers who leak information prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don't like rumors in the slightest and think they should be stopped.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Well if they kept quiet about the Iwatch Samsung and Sony might have been later on the market had Apple surprised anybody.

It's not the Iphone leaks which will disappoint it's the big new market surprises like this. Samsung probably already know what to expect from a 5S anyway just small upgrades so they can bring out a device to compete.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
More like the worst year for Apple products, period. This was the year when I had to go Android for the first time because iPhones just didn't offer anything new anymore :(

hothill

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2013
Yestday,i answered the same question .If there's going to be a smart watch, it should be not there to duplicate a phone's functions but rather do things that are more natural on ur wrist like monitoring physiological data, maybe a compass/GPS. Not that crap the Gear does.
9qjW

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
More like the worst year for Apple products, period. This was the year when I had to go Android for the first time because iPhones just didn't offer anything new anymore :(

Yep, worst year for apple products, which is why they just recently reclaimed the spot for most valuable company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.