Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paranoia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
New England
I am ready to purchase with the Att's Next purchase program,would you suggest going with the current Iphone 5 or wait for the new 5S or the current one after the price goes down after the new model release?
I currently have a 4 that I recently unlocked.

Will be giving it to my daughter,64gb in mint condition.
Any ideas or comments or suggestions, would appreciate any you have, thank you in advance.

PS I would like the 128gb if I go with the new model.
paranoia

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
The value on the 5 will go down but I would definitely go for the "s". Why ? Because its two weeks away from launch so why HP with an old device when you can have the latest and greates which is right around the corner.
If money is a factor then the 5 would be the way to go IMO. 128gb would be sweet. I too am hopping for 128gb :).

Judith123

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
New York
If I were you, I would choose iPhone 5s. As you know, 5S will be on the marker soon. Also, phones update very soon. Maybe someday, you will think your iPhone 5(if purchase this) will not be satisfied your needs. :) So, I suggest you buy 5S! :D

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
If I were you, I would choose iPhone 5s. As you know, 5S will be on the marker soon. Also, phones update very soon. Maybe someday, you will think your iPhone 5(if purchase this) will not be satisfied your needs. :) So, I suggest you buy 5S! :D

Huh, maybe the 5S will also not meet your needs someday. I'm confused as well, is it coming out soon?

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
At this point, wait until the announcement next tuesday. iPhone 5 will go down in price, but only be a 16GB model, probably $99 on contract. And, maybe you can get a 32 or 64GB at a reduced price, while supplies last. Actually, AT&T sells reconditioned models (online only), and you could save a lot, if you need to, and already plan to go another 2 years, just be sure it states new warranty with it, it should be reconditioned by Apple and include a new battery as well, at least, they used to do this in the past. You can also add AppleCare if you want to, just like a new iPhone. I've used iOS 7 beta on iPhone 5 and it works well, it will be a large improvement from the iphone 4.

However, if you want the latest and greatest, yeah, the 5S is rumored to be faster, enhanced security with fingerprint sensor, ? mystery new thing, available in 128GB.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Buy the 5S. My motto is if your going to be signing a contract get the most up to date phone as possible. After the announcement you can decide if you want the 5S, 5C, or 5(if still available) if you want to save some money. In the grand scheme of things $100 isn't a lot over the course of a contract. After the 5S is released there may be some good clearance sales with 5 as well at third party sellers to clear stock.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
If you have to ask, get the 5s as suggested. 5 is for people who already know they are happy with the 5 and are just looking for the price drop.

Of course wait, you don't sound desperate for a new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.