Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMK45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
United Kingdom
I've nicked this thread subject from other forums, will be interested to see what type of cards you carry around with you.

I'm an Accounting Apprentice at the moment and currently carry:

Barclays Current Account Debit Card
Nationwide 'Flex Direct' Debit Card

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
This is picture thread, isn't it? :)

GmgMMGy.jpg

Looking to switch banks when the time comes.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I have about 15 cards in my wallet, maybe more. But this is my primary credit card (everything else is a reward card or business related).

It gives me 1% cashback and low interest. And I'm pretty sure I'm getting 1% cash back on the portion of my school loans I dumped on there too (with 18 months 0% interest) :D

Attachments

• 09DC_CCAF_STUDENT_TAPE_highres.jpg
    09DC_CCAF_STUDENT_TAPE_highres.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 1,127

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just you watch. Somebody will post a picture without thinking about the numbers. Mods, get ready! lol

I thought that. Other threads to start,
Post a picture of the back of your credit/debit card.
Post your passwords.
What's your mothers maiden name/date of birth/town of birth etc!
:D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hmmm. I don't think I've ever been curious about what cards people have.

copykris

Suspended
Sep 25, 2009
home
not saying that the chipped cards are 100% foolproof either, btw

they do, however, have a much better trackrecord when it comes to fraudulent use than non chipped cards

i guess what i'm asking to no one in particular is why the hell hasn't the us, like the rest of the civilised world, switched to chipped cards yet?

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
not saying that the chipped cards are 100% foolproof either, btw

they do, however, have a much better trackrecord when it comes to fraudulent use than non chipped cards

i guess what i'm asking to no one in particular is why the hell hasn't the us, like the rest of the civilised world, switched to chipped cards yet?

I have no idea why. Just be careful with your cards no matter what. At least once a week, check your balances to make sure there are no fraudulent charges. It's worked for me all these years..

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009

If you take a photo of your Centurion card, you're required to include a Lamborghini or Ferrari and/or a stack of gold bricks in the photo.

This is how I roll daily:

807431466.jpg

Only my DL, the AMEX charge (primary) and a Visa credit (backup; if vendor doesn't take AMEX).

I don't carry a debit card.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
One big driver of the US not going to Chip and PIN is that it doesn't pay.

That is, they've done a cost-benefit study, and the costs (entirely new card readers, etc) outweigh the benefits (lowered but not eliminated fraud). They've also looked at how much friction there would be in the transaction if there was a chip/PIN involved - their nightmare would be even a small percentage of people paying with cash, or just as bad (worse for the merchant), skipping the purchase altogether.

They may be greedy, %_#)(_$)#(s and #_%)*$@&@, but as soon as the cost-benefit ratio moves in favor of switching, they will.

I do like the move of a lot of card readers to places where the user swipes - that will help quite a bit.

Overall, this practice of accepting some level of fraud used to bug the hell out of me, but since the user is (typically) not liable for fraudulent charges - the card-issuing companies are - I decided not to worry about it.

Also, this thread is dangerous altogether.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Straight Cash Homie

I've been spendin hundreds since they had small faces

Attachments

• 20091215_100BillFront2.JPG
    20091215_100BillFront2.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 424
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.