Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krazykleo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2013
Everywhere and nowhere
Quick question MR!

When I study I like to listen to music and I was wondering if since the laptop is open and goes into sleep does it matter that I haven't shut the lid? nothing to worry about? I like to listen to the radio so listening to music from my phone is outta the pic and my phone is broken anyways till the new one comes out lol

Appreciate all the help once again!! :)

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Quick question MR!

When I study I like to listen to music and I was wondering if since the laptop is open and goes into sleep does it matter that I haven't shut the lid? nothing to worry about? I like to listen to the radio so listening to music from my phone is outta the pic and my phone is broken anyways till the new one comes out lol

Appreciate all the help once again!! :)

No why would it?!?

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
No why would it?!?

You are forgetting about the issue with the new MacBook Airs. The one where if you don't close the lid while listening to music, it wears down the tilda (~) key until it is no longer functional. After about 2 hours, you will forever lose the tilda key.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
You are forgetting about the issue with the new MacBook Airs. The one where if you don't close the lid while listening to music, it wears down the tilda (~) key until it is no longer functional. After about 2 hours, you will forever lose the tilda key.

His question was about leaving the lid open...

jadAce

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2013

. . . :)

After advanced scientific analysis of this statement, I conclude it is meant as a joke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.