Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just an hour and a half after the end of the event, Apple has already posted video of today's iPhone media event to its website. Apple has also added the "Apple Events" channel back to the Apple TV, where users can view the event video.

apple_special_event_s13.png
Among the products announced at the event:

- Apple Announces iPhone 5s With 'Touch ID' Fingerprint Sensor
- Apple Announces Colorful New iPhone 5c, Starting at $99 on Two-Year Contract
- Public Launch of iOS 7 Set for September 18

Article Link: Video of Apple's Special iPhone 5s and 5c Media Event Now Avaliable

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
'learn more about our exciting presentation'.........................................................................................................

K___H

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
Finally! Now maybe...

they can get on with the Mac OS updates and new computers!

roblin

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2007
Cook fumbled a lot. It's hard to replace Steve Jobs but Cook has done better at other Keynotes.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
What's the point in watching? It was just like playing pass the parcel with the parcel wrapped using cellophane... no surprises here people!

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
The tech specs say 1080p but I only hear about 720p at 120fps in this boring presentation. Is there still a 1080p at 30fps?

1080p HD video recording
30 fps
True Tone flash
Slo-mo video
Improved video stabilization
Take still photo while recording video
Face detection
3x zoom
Video geotagging
Tap to focus

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
He managed to call the iPhone 5s "[perhaps] the most forward thinking phone anyone has ever made" with a straight face. I bet that took some practice.

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
waiting a few hours to get the video is better than hearing guys like Joedemax & friends telling BS during an hour...

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
You can briefly see me during the Lady Gaga iTunes Festival video, but more exposure of all my friends.

YAS. Gaga got that promo.

Taselcult

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
inside the tubes
Anyone else notice that at 15:23 apple's stream goes black and comes back, conveniently covering the "nbc" app? Does anyone else find that odd?

Edit-
Blanks out again at 16:10, but seems like theres nothing there... perhaps bad recording to their drives?

Last edited:

wold

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Boring...

Where is my guru? Some will say seven feet below :-(
I think this was quiet boring, couldn't they name this kind of event iPhone event? No the can't because it all has to be a big secret, but it isn't. Someone just forgot to tell Apple about it.
When do they have their hardware event? I got the iPhone 5, I need a new iMac, or maybe going fullblown with the coming maic Mac Pro.
Dear Mr. Tim Cook you have taken on a big challenge by becoming CEO after a very great person (I know greatness is close to insanity :). Please know that Apple is more than the iPhone eventhough it's where the big money is, we still some real Apple fans whom were hoping for news about: Mac Pro - iMac - iPad - iPad Mini.
Now I'm really looking forward for the hardware event (must come) later this year and hopefully it will come soon ???

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.