Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keithpetey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
does anyone know how to grab and send a cookie via email, im, or sms? i have myspace and i want to know who is viewing my profile. inside myspace's cookies are information about the viewer that i can use to figure out who it is. i am pretty computer savvy but by no means a webmaster or programmer. any help would be appeciated.

thank you,
keith

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
As far as I am aware you cannot send a cookie via Email, IM or SMS. Cookies are part of the web! They are sent/received as part of the HTTP protocol iirc.

If you have access to the server-side code you can interpret the cookie(s) there and send them via whatever means you have available as plain text/an attachment etc...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So you want to implement code that will grab a cookie, whose creating site you do not own (myspace.com), when a page is visited, and send it to you using some kind of internet protocol?

That's...erm...pretty much the definition of spyware. :(

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
mkrishnan said:
So you want to implement code that will grab a cookie, whose creating site you do not own (myspace.com), when a page is visited, and send it to you using some kind of internet protocol?

That's...erm...pretty much the definition of spyware. :(

i saw an employee of Claria (Gator spyware) at frys the other night. I thought about killing him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.