Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markinphila

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
I just got a new i-book with Tiger 10.4.2. I had an dol version of Photoshop elements (2.0) but it won't install. I have heard that elements 3.0 on mac tiger causes difficulties.. just wondered what others experiences are. Are there conflicts.. should I not install it. what about other programs that are photo imging programs that will be stable and work on elements 3.0 or the upcoming 4.0/ I have a g4 with 10.2.4 with Photshop CS.. will CS work in tiger 10.4.2?
any help will greatly be appreciated.

mark in Phila

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I use PSE3 on Tiger and have since 10.4.0...what conflicts have you heard about? PS/CS has, among other advantages, scriptability, which makes it play nice with Automator. But PSE3 works fine.

Also why 10.4.2? 10.4.3 is so much more stable than 10.4.2... But for PS it doesn't make a difference -- it works either way.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
I received a free copy of 2.0 with my scanner, and I installed that on an old Bondi blue iMac with no problems. (I sold it soon after with the software on it). I frequently use 3.0 on my Mac with absolutly no problems - in fact, it runs great. Not really sure what your looking for, but I hope this helps.

iBS23

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2005
My Dad had the same problem. I'm upgrading to 3 now that I have my new iBook and gave him version 2 which ran fine on my old G3. He can't get it to install either.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I'm not sure about Photoshop Elements version 2.0 installation (it was installed way back when) but version 3 has been good on two different machines and both are running 10.4.3.

Sometimes, I've run into issues where the installer doesn't know the operating system version and refuses to work properly. The say something like "if it's 10.2.x and lower, do this" "if it's 10.3.x and lower, do this" and if it doesn't fall into those categories, it does nothing or presents an error message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.