Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeyGills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
I have a Dell with a 40 gig hard drive. I want to get the 60 gig ipod as I have hundreds of CD's. Is there anyway to store more mp3's somehow on the ipod, or am I limited to my harddrive space? Please advise.

Thaaaaank you.

MIke

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
So you're asking if you can upload an entire 60gb of music onto the iPod from your 40gb Hard drive. Yeah, absolutely, the process is pretty straight forward:
Step 1: Upload current songs on HD to iPod
Step 2: erase songs from HD
Step 3: import new songs to HD
Repeat steps 1-3 until the iPod is full.

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
answer

MikeyGills said:
I have a Dell with a 40 gig hard drive. I want to get the 60 gig ipod as I have hundreds of CD's. Is there anyway to store more mp3's somehow on the ipod, or am I limited to my harddrive space? Please advise.

Thaaaaank you.

MIke

i did this with my 60 giger putting videos on it. what you do is rip your limit of cds sync with ipod and then go in and delete the actual mp3/aac file from your computer NOT ITUNES!!, the actual file from you itunes music library folder. repeat as neccessary to fill your ipod all the way up. Note: you will not have all the music on your computer, it will all be on your ipod, and also: itunes will post a little error/dialoge thingy that says it cant find the music files when it goes to sync. you can set this to turn off i believe. lemme know how it turns out.

edit: gah, beat me to it

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
You can also just delete the songs from itunes after you get them on your ipod, just make sure that you have auto sync turned off.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
:D Another Option is to BURN your Hell upss sorry DELL and get a Mac with 80 or 100GB HD!!

LOL :D :eek: :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.