Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingkoen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
My Ipod (third generation) is supposed to last for 8 hours, or slightly less due to degradation of the battery. On a full battery I cant listen for more than 3 hours. The indicator shows the battery is almost 3/4 full but suddenly the Ipod shuts off. When I restart the Ipod, the battery indicator shows its now almost empty and the Ipod does not work longer than a few minutes until I get the sign that the battery is dead after which it shuts off.... Is this common...The Ipod is less than 1,5 year old...

What to do?

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
You can pick up new batteries of the internet, just google it. Last I heard they had ones with 20-40 hours of battery life... You'll have to open up your ipod to replace the battery, but that shouldn't be too hard. Another option is to pay apple to replace it for $100. You may still qualify for the batter replacement option from the class action suit against apple. Go to apple.com and scroll down to the bottom. Click on ipod settlement to see if your ipod applies.

Or you could always upgrade. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here's the site, it looks like you do apply,

http://www.appleipodsettlement.com/notice.html

If so, fill out the claim form...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.